Embedding Video Files

Hi,

First off, thanks for this product. It’s a wonderful tool within my team’s design process.

From what I can tell reading Miro’s site as well as online forums, embedding a video within a Miro board requires uploading that video to a platform like YouTube or Vimeo.  I have a whole bunch of mp4 files that I want to share with my team without adding that step. 

Sharing a wish list thought that being able to drag mp4 files directly onto the board would be super useful! 

Thanks,

Joyce

Thumbs up! +1! :)
I think so too. It would be gread to omit the step with uploading videos to third services.
In the meantime we use YouTube, Microsoft Stream and SyncSketch for sharing videos and feedback.

@Andrey Zhukov & @Joyce Hanlon :

Collaboard does it:

Michael

I'm thinking that if miro had a plugin to upload the video, maybe the platform would be heavy. Where I live the internet is relatively good, but I teach people where there is no 4G. And miro already gives me a job the way it is! rssrsrsr

It's been two years since you kicked off this thread @Joyce Hanlon, and unfortunately, there hasn't been much progress.

Honestly, dealing with the whole video integration thing on Miro through a third-party has been a bit of a hassle for my team and me. Nowadays, in marketing, the focus is more on visuals and lively content rather than sticking to plain text.

I appreciate the cool things your team has done with AI, especially the background removal, but I can't help but wonder if these features are really what sets you apart competitively?

I'm a fan of Miro, and that won't change, but for now, we're giving Collaboard a shot. It's a shame, but I think others might follow soon as the initial hype around Miro dies down.