Upload audio files to the board

Hi,

Am I missing anything in that we can’t add any audio files onto a board?

Thanks

Please, add the feature of uploading music from the desktop

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

I work as an English teacher and need to add audio files for my lessons

@Nataliya Gorobinskaya I am a designer who is visually impaired and it is difficult for me to interact with the Miro Boards the same way as other designers on my team. It would be extremely helpful if we could leave audio recordings for each other about the board to supplement and make it rely less on the visuals. 

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

Hello @Nataliya Gorobinskaya ,

I shared my needs on this in this post in another discussion: overhere

I have just used Miro for a few hrs for the very first time to try it out and already I feel that surprisingly it is too limited for what my needs are. And my needs are very basic. It's quite  remarkable, because everything about Miro oozes sophistication and endless flexibility to me. But, basic functionality like being able to add any sort of file to our whiteboards is not there. (Or… do I overlook the obvious?)

So, I was forced to switch back to Explain Everything (another great whiteboard app, but does not support a webversion yet, so I came to check out Miro) on my iPad, because this whiteboard app does offer exactly what we need. Have a look:

---
I am able to add ANY local or cloud based file into my whiteboards. So, I can add all the .mp4 videos and .m4a audio files (locally on my iPad or Dropbox) that I need for my projects, straight into my whiteboards in the Explain Everything iOS app.

It imports the full length .m4a audio tracks. Or the full length .mp4 video tracks. 

Proper functionality to add all our audio and video assets into our whiteboards is crucial for our projects that we want ‘to whiteboard or mindmap’ so to speak. I would expect Miro to have such  basic functionality integrally available, but we need to -apparently- host these files first on Youtube or Soundcloud and only then we can let Miro make use of it. This is… well, not the way anything like this should work. 

Hopefully the already great functionality of Miro can be expanded soon on this matter. 
Thank you for considering,

I guess I better go back to padlet.

What about videos?

Hello @Nataliya Gorobinskaya ,

I shared my needs on this in this post in another discussion: overhere

I have just used Miro for a few hrs for the very first time to try it out and already I feel that surprisingly it is too limited for what my needs are. And my needs are very basic. It's quite  remarkable, because everything about Miro oozes sophistication and endless flexibility to me. But, basic functionality like being able to add any sort of file to our whiteboards is not there. (Or… do I overlook the obvious?)

So, I was forced to switch back to Explain Everything (another great whiteboard app, but does not support a webversion yet, so I came to check out Miro) on my iPad, because this whiteboard app does offer exactly what we need. Have a look:

---
I am able to add ANY local or cloud based file into my whiteboards. So, I can add all the .mp4 videos and .m4a audio files (locally on my iPad or Dropbox) that I need for my projects, straight into my whiteboards in the Explain Everything iOS app.

It imports the full length .m4a audio tracks. Or the full length .mp4 video tracks. 

Proper functionality to add all our audio and video assets into our whiteboards is crucial for our projects that we want ‘to whiteboard or mindmap’ so to speak. I would expect Miro to have such  basic functionality integrally available, but we need to -apparently- host these files first on Youtube or Soundcloud and only then we can let Miro make use of it. This is… well, not the way anything like this should work. 

Hopefully the already great functionality of Miro can be expanded soon on this matter. 
Thank you for considering,

Just bumping this great and considered post. This is exactly what people have been asking for on Miro for over a year. 

Additionally, I think a way to play various audio tracks simultaneously would open the app up to collaborative sound exploration. But as it stands, please give us audio  🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I want to use audio interaction in a workshop I will conduct. So I want people to record audio content. I tried recording a test file with https://reverb.chat/ and then embedding it using iframe. It worked. But ideally I would like to have the participants directly record on the Miro board without leaving the board or upload audio file from their own device. 

Does anyone know of an audio recorder to embed using iframe?

Please, add the feature of uploading music from the desktop. I need this feature because I work as UX-Researcher and present the results of conducted research with Miro. The most wide use method of research is interview. I need to share some audio parts of interview with colleagues, but that’s impossible to upload auidio file on YouTube :(

as a sound designer I would really like to see mp3 upload with a player like Discord have.

I upload my sounds on Discord, but on board could be another level.

Cause if we are working on movie or game, video for youtube, we can see sound directly with a screeplay.

Do this, it would be a smart move

I used to think this was a great idea as I wanted everything to be in Miro. However, after spending more time in Miro boards, and having witnessed Miro’s exponential growth since the pandemic, I have a new perspective and would ask you this:

Does Miro want to build audio and video streaming capabilities into their boards when services like SoundCloud and YouTube exist? Or do they want--and you want them--to continue to build new features to help you collaborate in a virtual space? There are many problems yet to be solved and media streaming does not appear to be one of them.

Example of embedding audio from SoundCould and video from YouTube:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lmHojf4=/

Embed notes:

• Audio: skip to 1:27 for the guitar solo
  • Video: my epic Tim Hortons Timbit catch from 14 feet away.

Miro! 😉 We really need this feature, actually I am wondering why adding different file types to a board is not yet standard.

Adding audio files would improve the possibilties of creating a great user experiences and possible use cases would be:

• integration of audio files for explaning features of the board or the workshop
  • improving the possibilities of Miro to be used as a self-service-tool: at the moment for complex boards it is very much needed to have someone who is acting as a moderator. With audio files we could facilitate this process and help people to navigate and work with boards without a moderator needed.

Thanks to the whole team for considering and implementing our feature requests. Have a great week!

I’m a sound designer working on video games. I love Miro and the workflow it provides for sharing ideas but I am significantly limited due to not being able to share audio inside of MIRO. I really hope this feature comes online at some point!! 

Btw it would be super cool to play back audio files either

• just for a single user (e.g. me as a moderator)
  • for everyone who is on the board

Thanks and hear you soon!

What about videos?

Hey @Nataliya Gorobinskaya ,

I work with sound and music, and it’d be great to be able to upload, organize, and play audio files in Miro. It’d help with collaboration, and for my own planning, tracking, and organizational tasks. 

Embedding links is cool and fine, but it’d be really rad to not have to take that intermediate step.

No one else does this, as far as I’ve found - no other whiteboard or collaboration tool; not figjam, not google sheets. I hope you all get this going, and soon! We’ll all totally give you money if you do.

I would appreciate audio (and short video) support so much as well. It would offer great opportunities for quite new formats of online art. But also for collaboration, especially for musicians and artists. 

Adding audio files to a Miro board should be as easy as it is to add images — sound and sight are often closely-matched counterparts!

Being able to drag-and-drop a sound as one can already do in Slack, Notion, would make a lot of sense. Any external tools add more cumbersome steps to their spontaneity, and are only really worthwhile if you’re using more esoteric or advanced feature.

I was looking for ways to make Miro into an “audio mood board”, but this is the sad blocker right now. I see similar sonic minds in the discussion above, where sound is treated like a lower-class citizen.

That being said, for current workaround embeds, are there any that can play an audio file with a SINGLE click? I was trying to embed Bandcamp and whatnot, and am seeing I need to click to load the widget, then click again. This gets tedious fast.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Hi, we use Miro to plan our animation and interactive projects. These use audio. It would be very useful to be able to include audio files.

What about videos?

Are there any updates on whether audio embedding will be added as a feature in the near future? I would love to switch from using Google Slides for my English classes, but I use dozens of short audio files throughout a lesson and it would take forever to convert all of them to video format.

Please please please pretty please add this!

Yeah ! it would be very helpful ! I’m a french teacher and i need to upload mp3 audios sometimes for my students to listen to them in order to make some of the activities for the class.So yeah, please include that fonction! 

you seem to have people requesting this for a long time but no solution yet?

I am in a band and we have trouble organizing our audio files to review… this would be a HUGE help if we could upload audio files directly to the boards. 

Hello @Nataliya Gorobinskaya
I work as a Sound Designer in the video game industry. The fact that this feature doesn’t exist yet literally means we can’t use Miro.
Upvote! For us specifically we would need to be able to add wav files. 
Thanks in advance.