Idea

Upload audio files to the board from my device

Show first post

34 replies

Badge

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

My team and I are sound designers and sound design researchers. We'd love to be able to use our Miro boards to post our prototype sounds with each other, share with clients, with stakeholders, etc. We need to have the fies there, spatially organized with images and sticky notes. For these purposes, we currently have to switch over to PowerPoint, which has click-to-play objects with an audio file selector...something like that is one single greatest wish for Miro.

Badge

Please, add the feature of uploading music from the desktop

Badge

Hi, Natalia here, I work at Miro as UX Researcher. Interesting discussion. Would you share why do you need to add audio files to your Miro boards? We are investigating this topic right now. 

What about videos?

I work as an English teacher and need to add audio files for my lessons

@Nataliya Gorobinskaya I am a designer who is visually impaired and it is difficult for me to interact with the Miro Boards the same way as other designers on my team. It would be extremely helpful if we could leave audio recordings for each other about the board to supplement and make it rely less on the visuals. 

Userlevel 1

What about videos?

Hello @Nataliya Gorobinskaya ,

I shared my needs on this in this post in another discussion: overhere

I have just used Miro for a few hrs for the very first time to try it out and already I feel that surprisingly it is too limited for what my needs are. And my needs are very basic. It's quite  remarkable, because everything about Miro oozes sophistication and endless flexibility to me. But, basic functionality like being able to add any sort of file to our whiteboards is not there. (Or… do I overlook the obvious?)

So, I was forced to switch back to Explain Everything (another great whiteboard app, but does not support a webversion yet, so I came to check out Miro) on my iPad, because this whiteboard app does offer exactly what we need. Have a look:

---
I am able to add ANY local or cloud based file into my whiteboards. So, I can add all the .mp4 videos and .m4a audio files (locally on my iPad or Dropbox) that I need for my projects, straight into my whiteboards in the Explain Everything iOS app.

It imports the full length .m4a audio tracks. Or the full length .mp4 video tracks. 

Proper functionality to add all our audio and video assets into our whiteboards is crucial for our projects that we want ‘to whiteboard or mindmap’ so to speak. I would expect Miro to have such  basic functionality integrally available, but we need to -apparently- host these files first on Youtube or Soundcloud and only then we can let Miro make use of it. This is… well, not the way anything like this should work. 

Hopefully the already great functionality of Miro can be expanded soon on this matter. 
Thank you for considering,

Badge +1

I guess I better go back to padlet.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

What about videos?

Hello @Nataliya Gorobinskaya ,

I shared my needs on this in this post in another discussion: overhere

I have just used Miro for a few hrs for the very first time to try it out and already I feel that surprisingly it is too limited for what my needs are. And my needs are very basic. It's quite  remarkable, because everything about Miro oozes sophistication and endless flexibility to me. But, basic functionality like being able to add any sort of file to our whiteboards is not there. (Or… do I overlook the obvious?)

So, I was forced to switch back to Explain Everything (another great whiteboard app, but does not support a webversion yet, so I came to check out Miro) on my iPad, because this whiteboard app does offer exactly what we need. Have a look:

---
I am able to add ANY local or cloud based file into my whiteboards. So, I can add all the .mp4 videos and .m4a audio files (locally on my iPad or Dropbox) that I need for my projects, straight into my whiteboards in the Explain Everything iOS app.

It imports the full length .m4a audio tracks. Or the full length .mp4 video tracks. 

Proper functionality to add all our audio and video assets into our whiteboards is crucial for our projects that we want ‘to whiteboard or mindmap’ so to speak. I would expect Miro to have such  basic functionality integrally available, but we need to -apparently- host these files first on Youtube or Soundcloud and only then we can let Miro make use of it. This is… well, not the way anything like this should work. 

Hopefully the already great functionality of Miro can be expanded soon on this matter. 
Thank you for considering,

Just bumping this great and considered post. This is exactly what people have been asking for on Miro for over a year. 

Additionally, I think a way to play various audio tracks simultaneously would open the app up to collaborative sound exploration. But as it stands, please give us audio  🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I want to use audio interaction in a workshop I will conduct. So I want people to record audio content. I tried recording a test file with https://reverb.chat/ and then embedding it using iframe. It worked. But ideally I would like to have the participants directly record on the Miro board without leaving the board or upload audio file from their own device. 

Does anyone know of an audio recorder to embed using iframe?

Please, add the feature of uploading music from the desktop. I need this feature because I work as UX-Researcher and present the results of conducted research with Miro. The most wide use method of research is interview. I need to share some audio parts of interview with colleagues, but that’s impossible to upload auidio file on YouTube :(