Two-way live data connection

I was wondering if it is possible to have a two-way live data connection between MIRO and Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau or PowerBI.

Usage #1 is to have data on sticky notes that automatically refresh based on a live data feed with Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau or PowerBI

Usage #2 is to have the interaction with the sticky note feed data back to Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau or PowerBI. Interaction with the sticky note could be placing them in boxed categories or applying specific tags in MIRO which we then would want to obtain in Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau or PowerBI.

Usage #3 is to have the sticky note placement automatically in the right category grid based on the latest data and to drag sticky’s manually in a different category based on the team interaction and have his category change updated in Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau or PowerBI.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

any news on this topic?

I'm searching for a possibility to have data on sticky notes that automatically refresh based on a live data feed with Google Sheets, Excel or Tableau.

BR, Eldar

THIS is the feature I came to Miro looking for. This would be a GAME CHANGER. I don’t know any app that offers this feature and it is sorely needed. :)

I agree with the everyone asking for this feature. One way direction (from Miro to Excel) is more or less available via csv export. I automated it using VBA and it works fine. You are free to select cards for export and in one click they are in your excel. This covers the use case of capturing all data from the workshops into excel for subsequent planning, analysis, categorification etc. 

However a mandatory manual step of exporting cards to csv stops this feature from being used as a part automated processes, including backups. For this to happen we would need to use Miro REST APIs.    

Going in other direction also requires using Miro REST APIs. And it cannot be achieved in any other way. - copy/paste from excel creates just sticky notes.

I wonder if anyone started working on that and how far they progressed.  

🙌 THANKS ALEX! Totally agree.

Any updates? Is Miro following this thread?

On this topic, we were in a training session with our Miro rep yesterday and I brought up this topic, specifically around embedding an integration with Tableau dashboards, and it definitely sounds like 2-way integration is something they are looking at-Not clear what the timing is though. 

Any updates on this?   A related idea/request:  I thought I had perhaps found a sneaky work-around for one use-case:   google sheets will allow you to copy a link directly to a specific CELL in a sheet.  I thought I could just paste that link into Miro and I would have something close.  BUT, when I paste that (long) link into Miro -- it just seems to be the same as a link to the whole sheet itself.  I wonder if Miro could parse/recognize “cell-links” and instead of presenting it as an embedded/link to a google sheet, instead display it as a <card, shape, sticky>  --- which (ideally/later) can be “live updated”….  (perhaps with a refresh occasionally?).  

I’d love to see if anybody has made an app for this feature. It’s amazing how they got it to work with github issues. 

I agree with the everyone asking for this feature. One way direction (from Miro to Excel) is more or less available via csv export. I automated it using VBA and it works fine. You are free to select cards for export and in one click they are in your excel. This covers the use case of capturing all data from the workshops into excel for subsequent planning, analysis, categorification etc. 

However a mandatory manual step of exporting cards to csv stops this feature from being used as a part automated processes, including backups. For this to happen we would need to use Miro REST APIs.    

Going in other direction also requires using Miro REST APIs. And it cannot be achieved in any other way. - copy/paste from excel creates just sticky notes.

I wonder if anyone started working on that and how far they progressed.  

Yes ! I have had the same idea ! It is possible to use both REST APIs and Web SDK (from what i’ve been told) to fetch data from sheets and Excel and import it into a Miro board as a specific item. This can also be done live, so if i change something on my Excel, Miro will fetch the new data and I can tell it to erase the older one. It’s looking to be a lot of work but i’m waiting on a Developer Team to be created and then I will keep you updated !

+1

We need a way to use dynamic data.

If I have the same item, with title and description, used multiple times in a chart and decide later on to update it, then I will need to manually edit each instance. This is the exact opposite of working smart.