Transparency to Images

Allow transparency to other objects not just shapes

YES , PLEAAAAAAASE !!

Right.  I’d like to “theme out” my frames so I’ve got the Tiki area, the Cork area, … basically create separate virtual spaces in a large shared team space.  As is, without opacity, the background is too “strong” and overloads the stickies and frames.

Needed...

Just ran into this, not exactly intuitive to make transparent in another app then carry over!

If the Image Source is from the Internet you can try setting Tools > Images > Transparent

Brandon, that’s a helpful tip, but I don’t think that’s what the other users are asking about. I came here myself looking for a feature to reduce the opacity of an image in Miro, such that elements behind the image will be partially visible.

I second this. Adjusting opacity of any object / image should be by default.

@Zach Bark & @Brandon Lee & @ahmed maher & @Lance Kind & @Trevor Hatfield & @Dustin Goad & @Steven Stieng & @Hilberg & @Dawid Pytel & @Fariz Junaidi & @asdfyo & @Stephanie Mitchell & @Sanne Wijbenga & @Kiron Bondale & @Robert Johnson & @ChrisW & @Robert Rietveld & @Adam Briggs & @Oscar McDonald & @Mauro Lupi & @Ylva & @Massimiliano Franco & @Asher Graham & @Nathaniel Cassidy & @Niels & @Austin Hardy & @elorenzo & @Ken Eakin :

I have created a board for boosting up graphical content - please insert your ideas here if you like:

Michael

@mlanders hmm.. a bit chaotic miro page? It would help if it was more structured / clean. 
That said, let´s start simple by asking for opacity function. When that is in place we can ask for more.

@Steven Stieng :

Feel free to add content or to replace content, so it makes more structured sense to you … as I placed a shape into the board:

So add your graphic how it should look like when you add transparency to your picture or edit other thigs in the board.

Therefore I allowed editing for everyone!

Just do so!

Michael

@ahmed maher, @Trevor Hatfield, @Dustin Goad. Thanks for reacting to this wish list item. I am curious to learn more about why and when you need to apply transparency to images. Thank you for help me to understand this request in more detail 🙏 

It’s been 2 years since this was suggested, with lots of upvotes, and it’s a standard / trivial HTML function to change image transparency.  So come on Miro, let’s go! 

@Fabian Strunden  Image transparency is just a really common and helpful feature used in many situations.  Often when you have a diagram / graphic image you want to overlay on something else, or when the image is too dark or saturated for the design.  Beyond transparency, at least the multiply blending mode (as found in Adobe Illustrator) would be really useful.  And/or the ability to specify a transparency color for the image.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

@ahmed maher@Trevor Hatfield@Dustin Goad. Thanks for reacting to this wish list item. I am curious to learn more about why and when you need to apply transparency to images. Thank you for help me to understand this request in more detail 🙏 

I would +1 this as well. I place images in Miro as part of a design process where I add stickies on top of them to indicate potential changes. I then like to map out which sections of a page are for what purpose. I’d like to be able to make an image transparent so I could box/indicate sections of the page without having that annotation get lost as it is placed directly over the placed image, which is quite busy.

Regarding reasons for needing transparency - it would be helpful to have transparency in  Venn Diagrams where you want to show the overlap between the two (or more) circles.