Time lapse recording of activity on board

When giving training sessions on how to use Miro, I often get the question “How do I start?”.

People see use cases and best practices when they are filled with templates, structure and content, but can’t imagine how the (collaborative) process works. 

It would be very illustrative to show a time lapse (on time level or on activity level) so you can see the board being populated, changed over time at high speed.

@Debruyne Adriaan -

While this would be a useful native add-on, the workaround I use is the built-in Windows 10 screen recorder.

Kiron

I agree. I understand there are work arounds but if there was a feature similar to the one on procreate where you could play back your process - I think the visualization uses for that would be endless; user testing, populating, ideation, affinitization, et.

Would also be cool to “replay” a scrum sprint, and see the kanban notes move, when reviewing the progress. 

I love that others have thought of this too. Procreate is exactly what I was thinking of or Time Machine. I use Miro as a project dashboard and would love to see the life cycle by scrubbing through a “timelapse”  to see how it evolved, was organized or even just as an archive to view things that were deleted or change at a certain place in the process. 

@Debruyne Adriaan -

While this would be a useful native add-on, the workaround I use is the built-in Windows 10 screen recorder.

Kiron

Maybe more of a stop-gap “better than nothing” option. I don’t think it captures the intent of the wish however. 

This would be really great to show progress in research processes. The issue with the screen recording workaround is that you see me working and typing, zooming in and out, instead of just a story of how the board has evolved.

Upvoted. My team and I just realized that feature would be great.

This would be really helpful for research teams. We create very complex boards in our research team meetings over periods of up to three months, and it would be awesome to be able to make videos demonstrating the evolution of our research.

Our team often creates a ton of iterations in the process of designing the final product/ proposal. It would be amazing to convey the complexity and effort that has gone in to creating the finished result, aka how the sausage is made!

Came here looking for this, i actually thought it was an existing feature but I may have been thinking of Procreate. I wanted to show some team members how a graphic evolved over time.

Upvoted as a way to capture cycle time. Any other options to get kanban cycle times?

Would be a brilliant way to show how a story builds up over the period of a workshop, and then is potentially enhanced after an event. Even if was just replaying the saved logs

I used Miro to make a massive tracker for Our Frasier Remake – a collaborative project I’m leading where 130+ animators and filmmakers are remaking an episode of Frasier. We’re making a behind the scenes video, and I’m pulling so many great process timelapses from Procreate.

We split the episode into 185 batches, and at first very few were claimed by collaborators, but as the project got coverage, the board lit up. It would be so cool to see a time lapse of that to show the excitement about the project and all the hard work that went into it.