Text - Full control over padding of text within shapes

Miro’s functionality of changing the padding based on scale is not controllable and often ends up with unwelcome results. 

Would prefer if I can set the padding/margins per side of shape so that I can control the look and style of my drawings.

Yes, being able to set a padding on rectangular shapes especially is key.

Currently if you left or right align text in a rectangular shape the text runs right into the shape edge and makes it hard to read.  

Yes, I want this too… Found this while trying to see if there was a setting I was missing… Same issue I set text to left align, and it butts right against the edge. Legibility is hurt and frankly it just looks unsightly LOL

This definitely needs to be a new feature for better legibility and reducing steps. :bulb:

This would be so useful. the shapes are 80% colour… means I will have to do one of my projects in msft office because the document type requires loads of text.

I use Miro as a prototyping tool for a TTRPG game I’m creating and this would help a lot!

Full control of padding might make things really messy, but maybe if there was a bit of automated padding on shapes? Totally agree that it's not too delightful visually when the text butts right into the edge. 😅🍑

Padding options are greatly needed. At minimum an auto-fit with minimal margin space would be great. when creating boards/frames with many users inputting stickies/text boxes the board become messy and more difficult to navigate. I use miro to brainstorm with team members and then provide the final output to agencies - with such large padding and margins of stickies it requires multiple pages when I should be able to output just one. Please change this. 

To quote @NathanB Yes, being able to set a padding on rectangular shapes especially is key.”! Yes!

This is sorely needed.  Try adding text into a hexagon; the padding is excessive (for my use-case) meaning that in order to avoid line breaks within words, the font has to be tiny.  So I’m having use PowerPoint instead :(

Hello ! +1 here, it is very necessary. I’m an architect and use Miro to comment plans and this would be so usefull.

Oh, I also would like to have such possibility, some times default paddings are too big and diagrams becoming too large for me. Hope this will be done soon

Not sure if anyone here thought of this, but you can add a rectangle inside your shape like this for extra padding:

You can then group these two elements. If you doubleclick in the center you can edit the text without ungrouping.

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE! 

I love using Miro for presentations but this is such a hindrance to neat and aligned boxes. Have been using the work around @JosenJones provided but would be so much easier with some control over the margins. 

Kindly Add this UI feature. Highly requested

Would be great.  I actually can’t imagine a scenario where automatically scaling the padding based on the size of the shape has an aesthetically pleasing outcome.

Yes, I’d like this.

I support this!!