Tags on all shapes

Tags on stickies are great, but I don’t like the formatting restrictions of stickies. Can we have tags on all shapes (same goes for emoji voting)

Please let us tag all kinds of objects! (mostly interested in arrows)
Am writing a plugin at the moment where that functionality would make a lot of sense.

Tags on all shapes – yummy!

I use shapes instead of stickies too, because of the limitations of changing the font size. But do miss the labels.

Yes please to this!! This is such a pain point when creating process maps in Miro. I want to be able to tag systems utilized or details (such as: In progress, Future State, On Hold) for each step.

+1 - very weird that I can’t use shapes for group activities relying on tags.

+1 tags on shapes.  This has been a topic for at least a couple years, lots of chatter, but I don’t see any feedback from Miro if this is on the roadmap vs a non-starter.  Could someone from Miro chime in with their thoughts?

Yes please, it’s kind of crazy that I can only tag stickies. This would be so useful on all kinds of objects.

Having the feature to tag obejcts combined with a view filter to show only objects with a specific tag and or multiple tags would be super helpful.

Yes, tagging all kind of figures would be such a good feature.

I agree as well. This would have a high added value.

tags on all shapes please. 

Hi there,

We appreciate all of your feedback, and see that the ability to tag shapes is a much-requested feature to help with categorizing. While this ability is not currently available, one user did share a workaround in case it can inspire and help others (thanks, @Peter for the suggestion!):

"In the box shape, my work around is to add a new line of text for the ‘tag’, type the tag, and then highlight the tag text with a contrasting colour."