Switching between accounts

Hi there,

Now you have the switching between teams. 
However, it’s related only to the teams inside of the one profile. 

In my specific case, I use two profiles: one is work-related, and the second one is personal. 
The solution I find right now is to work with the professional profile in the Mac OS app, while for personal needs, I use the browser version. It works, but it’s not a perfect option. Sometimes, when I need to copy-paste some of my templates from the board in one profile to the board in another - I struggle because it’s just impossible to do. 

The reference here can be Slack with the team spaces that can be joined with different emails.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Egor Kurguzov.

Here is a workaround that worked for me.
Set a password for your account (and if possible change the mail).

then:

• If you are in the app click help > Reset Application Data
  • If you are in the browser (chrome) > Open Developer Tools > Application (tab) > Storage > Clear site Data

After that you can authenticate with one account via password and the other one with google.

Please do this!!!

I have multiple paid plans (one for enterprise and one for a startup I own) and the inability to use both in the same instance of the app at the same time is painful. It now results in security risks too. Please fix this. I have to make sure I fully log out in my browser AND my app to switch or I end up using my pro account when I should be using my enterprise account. 

This has become a security risk where I now need to consider cancelling my small business account and using Mural instead so that I don’t risk accidentally using the wrong account. 

I have multiple accounts and it would make it a lot easier if Miro could add User Switching.

Hope this gets prioritized..

Does anyone from Miro team read this?
Or are we end users just complaining to each other - so that we let off steam?

BTW by me, switching doesn’t work any more. No matter how I try, I’m always landing at the same account. Even in an incognito window, when I type in the user name and password of account “B”, I still get logged in with account “A”.

Would be great to get some acknowledgement from the Miro team. The ask is almost 3 years old. So, barring some other statement, I’m going with “no, Miro doesn’t really monitor this. They thought they would, but they got behind so don’t come around anymore.”

@Jason Brett - Miro does monitor the entire forum. Here's a fairly recent example of a delivered Wish List item:

https://community.miro.com/product-news-31/3-most-voted-community-wish-collapse-and-expand-mind-map-branches-now-live-10379

Upvoting this as well. Also wanted to highlight why I believe it makes good business sense for Miro to prioritise this feature above almost anything else right now.

Was introduced to Miro via a team I joined recently and it’s great! I’ve created a new account for a different (solo) project, but it really is a hassle switching between those accounts so I end up using it less often than I otherwise would. 

Just this morning I was thinking I should use Miro to plan an upcoming trip with a friend, but it wouldn’t really be appropriate to do that under either of my existing work-related accounts. However, the thought of making a new, personal account and having to keep switching between them throughout the day makes me doubt whether or not it’s worth it. The kicker is that my friend is actually a professional high-end travel agent and I’m certain that if I showed her how Miro works & we planned a great trip together, then it might be a potential game-changer for her business as well, planning future trips with her clients. Many of those clients would then realise that Miro might be useful in their personal or professional lives and so Miro’s viral growth potential would be markedly improved. This is part of the reason Slack grew so rapidly: it was able to do so via both personal and professional networks, hopping between the two.

At the moment, it’s my personal belief that this “account switching friction” is significantly hampering Miro’s rate of user and revenue growth. Implementing this feature may be hard (or it may not, I don’t have insight into the constraints your engineers are currently operating under) but reducing the friction for viral growth would probably deliver more actual revenue to Miro the company than anything else one might be able to think of right now.

+1 for this idea. Something like how Figma does it. I love how I can easily switch between different accounts.

🔝Upvote 🔝

Not only I can’t switch between accounts easily. But then I try to log in with different google account manually, the app automatically chooses the same account I was logged in before and wouldn’t give me option to select different one.

Hello, we who work as consultants, and are contractors and every day mission about Miro have a great need for this function. The function to switch between profiles and Miro offices of different clients is a need that we hope will soon come as a standard function. Tip: add an invited award function where we can invite our customers to sign up for Miro.

Terrible Performance Switching Profiles

This is a must have user experience nightmare: 3 years without a solution.

Watch the video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KhoNmxiNCMeAoRzEPi4OnClNO1agfbXs/view?usp=share_link

One approach which I have tried, and should work, but does not, was to duplicate the Miro desktop application.

In my applications folder I would have two Miro desktop clients:

Miro - Action

Miro - Apple

This approach should enable each, distinct desktop application to authenticate separately.

But instead when I logout from one, it logs out from the other.

It’s crazy Miro makes it so hard to switch between accounts considering how convenient it is to use both personally and professionally. I constantly find myself doing work-related things in my personal boards because switching is so inconvenient and I hate using a browser version since it’s a performance issue and it’s hard enough to juggle hundreds of other tabs across three separate windows.

Can you imagine if Slack or Discord required you to log out and back in to view different workspaces or servers in 2024? And yet this seems to be a fully acceptable behavior to Miro for some reason.

Thank you for your continues feedback on this topic, everyone! I will be sure to share it with the Miro team!