Import draw.io (Diagrams.net) diagrams

There are some advanced flow charts we use Diagrams.net (draw.io) for as Miro isn’t fantastic for complex flow charts.

it would be great if we could import these files and we can move elements around. (I realize we can export a png from diagrams.net and import that into Miro, but it would be nice to interact with the specific objects in the flow chart.)

Thanks!

Agree - as a recent Miro user, I have a heap of diagrams build out in diagrams.net that currently I’d have to rebuild from scratch. As Chris mentioned, draw.io is superior for complex diagram building and being able to then move them to Miro for collaboration and sharing would be so valuable! 

I have the same request.

Miro is awesome for many types of diagrams and has superior collaboration capabilities. However, I am using draw.io for sequence diagrams, which Miro cannot do (yet!). It would be great if I could embed a draw.io page (which is backed to my One Drive), and have Miro show the page in a frame on a board.

Until then it’s editing in draw.io and pasting the image in a frame on Miro. I put a link to the draw.io page in a comment on the frame, which makes it somewhat easier to remember the location of my drawing sources.

Of course, Miro-native sequence diagrams would be preferred!

I fully support this request, I’d love to see the diagrams from Drawio in Miro environment as embeded elements I can manipulate.

Import from draw.io or for that matter XML import should be made available

I totally agree with this - we need something,  even if it is simple!

Thanks

Agree - I’m new with Miro and I have a lots of diagrams build out in diagrams.net that currently I’d have to rebuild from scratch. As Chris mentioned, draw.io is superior for complex diagram building and being able to then move them to Miro for collaboration and sharing would be so valuable! 

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

@Ramin 
In our company employees usually use Draw.io embedded in Confluence to draw diagrams, but my mostly used App is Miro and sometimes I need to import Draw.io diagram that was generated in Confluence to Miro for illustration purposes. I wanted to suggest that it would be great if you could add the functionality to import Draw.io diagrams to Miro.Thank you

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

This might also be a work around for the offline issue.  If we can work offline in Draw.io stored locally and then upload it to Miro that would at least solve some of the offline functionality issue many people face with Miro.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

@Ramin 
In our company employees usually use Draw.io embedded in Confluence to draw diagrams, but my mostly used App is Miro and sometimes I need to import Draw.io diagram that was generated in Confluence to Miro for illustration purposes. I wanted to suggest that it would be great if you could add the functionality to import Draw.io diagrams to Miro.Thank you

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

I Add the link to the thread 

Hi @Chris Drumgoole  and all others,

You can now import your draw.io diagrams into Miro using the draw.io integration by Miro. It also let’s you import diagrams form Lucidchart and Microsoft Visio. Check out my post for more information.

Thanks for submitting this idea @Chris Drumgoole! We’ve made some updates to draw.io. To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates, join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow! 

Hope you all can join us for our What’s New Product Webinar too @Christophe GESCHÉ @AmyJF @Michael Goulet @Tymek GF @Amit Chauhan @Vijay Prasad @Fernando Mantero @David Schneider ✨