Style Presets

Would love to see the ability to create and reuse styling presets for elements on the board.  Right now if I want to have a consistent and clean board (and who doesn’t) I have to spend a considerable amount of time fixing styles on elements, especially if color or stroke type have a meaning on the board and so could cause confusion if they’re wrong.

Take as an example the Flowchart template that comes with Miro.  It’s beautiful.  But as you work on it there is no way to reuse those styles Miro already set up.  So instead it takes considerable time to fiddle with the shapes and get them all styled.

True Miro does remember your last used style for e.g. shapes or connectors.  But when you’re using multiple colors or stroke styles to communicate meaning (dotted line for async process, different colors for different zones, etc) this becomes less useful.  As a workaround I tend to copy example shapes and lines off to the side of my document and copy/paste them - but then I can’t use Miro’s awesome fast workflows like dragging a line from one shape to create a new shape.  Very Clunky.

Hi Travis, 

We’ve recently launched Style Presets, you can find the post I made on the community here. Hope this helps!

Best,

Turner 

I use miro for the following purposes.
・ Arrangement of thoughts (1 person)
・ Discussion (multiple people)
・ Simple graphic recording

When doing these, configure the miro screen using only shapes like this.

Frequently used shapes

@Turner Pijpers  's Style Presets feature is nice, but a little different. This function seems to be made on the premise of using multiple shapes, but what I want to do is to use only rectangle. I would like a style presets function that allows you to customize and register text position, background color, font color, etc.

Hi @yoshitsugu miyazaki, sending you a PM so we can further discuss your request.
Thank you!

Turner

@Turner Pijpers @yoshitsugu miyazaki Please share the outcome of your discussions here, I'm very interested to hear what sort of conclusion you reach and I'm sure other community members are as well! 😊

@Henrik Ståhl great point, will do!