Spacebar + Right Mouse Button = Zooming

Hello!  I’d like to share a feature request.

I love the ability to pan the canvas while holding the spacebar and dragging with the left mouse button.  How about adding the ability to zoom in and out while holding the spacebar and dragging with the right mouse button?  My scroll wheel zooms too slowly for my liking and this feature would help me immensely.

Thanks,

Bret

@Bret -

this sounds like a great shortcut!

Until they are able to add this, is modifying your mouse scroll wheel settings to enable faster scrolling an option or would that mess up your applications outside of Miro?

Kiron

is modifying your mouse scroll wheel settings to enable faster scrolling an option or would that mess up your applications outside of Miro?

@Kiron Bondale Good idea!  I was able to adjust my scroll speed in the settings.  It seems to be tolerable for my other applications and helps a great deal.  Thank you!

Oh shoot - I take it back.  I makes navigating in Slack nearly impossible.  Still a great idea though!

If you switch to Trackpad navigation mod in Miro, you can use mousewheel to scroll up&down,. shift-mousewheel to scroll left-right, ctrl-mousewheel to zoom.  Should be be default mode IMO.

If you switch to Trackpad navigation mod in Miro, you can use mousewheel to scroll up&down,. shift-mousewheel to scroll left-right, ctrl-mousewheel to zoom.  Should be be default mode IMO.

Thanks @Andy Joiner.  I’m able to zoom using the mousewheel as you recommended.  However, my suggestion addresses an issue where zooming using my mousewheel is extremely tedious.  Adjusting the sensitivity of my mousewheel fixes the problem in Miro but screws up my other applications.  I don’t know if this is a mouse issue, a Windows issue, or a Miro issue.  Either way, I think that my request would solve this issue and be pretty cool in the process. :-)

Right.  I contacted support the other week about zoom sensitivity.  As  a workaround, I use the + and - buttons in the navigation area, which are more granular.