"Snapping" Vertical Sticky Notes

Use Case: Ability to create horizontal and vertical rows of sticky notes. If I drag a sticky note up and down the row, I’d like to software to “snap” that sticky note in the line. The grid feature under Frames does this, but it’s only on a horizontal case. 

To do this now, I:

1. Highlight and grab all sticky notes that need to be moved to make room for the new sticky note.
  2. Move highlighted sticky notes out of the way.
  3. Grab and drag the new sticky note to it’s new location.
  4. Highlight and grab all sticky notes moved from step 1.
  5. Move highlight stick notes back to the row.

Our organization facilitate remote design workshops and this is one of the biggest pain points for us during the workshops. The time it takes to do this on multiple occasions adds up throughout a 24hr workshop.

yes. there is an option to make the frame “grid” not “freeform”. make a frame. this snaps postits horizontally! it’s amazing. i’m trying to figure out how to snap them vertically… 

yes. there is an option to make the frame “grid” not “freeform”. make a frame. this snaps postits horizontally! it’s amazing. i’m trying to figure out how to snap them vertically… 

Horizontally is great inside the frame, but we do a lot of rearranging of post it notes in a vertical column. The way current post it notes work vertically doesn’t work well for certain scenarios during our workshops.