Single hand navigation and editing with a mouse

Hello,

I would like to share this feature request.

At the moment if you are using a mouse you can select/deselect or interact with single objects (unless they are in a group), zoom in or out and pan around.

But one thing you cannot do is selecting multiple objects :fearful:

I would like you to consider adjusting the mouse navigation mode (or adding a new one or an option to customise it) where the left mouse button is not used for pan, but instead it is used for multi-select (as it is now for the Trackpad mode) and have the middle mouse button and/or the right mouse button for pan around. This way you can navigate and make simple edits with just one hand if you are using a mouse.

Thanks,

Marco

Hi I’m in the same boat as the OP.  Just had shoulder surgery so only have use of one hand temporarily.  I can say it’s always been unnecessarily challenging to select multiple items in Miro. Your “Select” tool acts exactly the same as your “Hand” pan tool when activated over blank canvas and then switches functionality when placed over a field or item . This is inconvenient during the best of times, often leading to inadvertently moving fields while navigating the canvas with Select activated. It’s (Miro) now very difficult to use because i don’t have a way to select multiple items.  Easy solution is to build functionality for multiple mouse buttons as Marco suggested. 2D applications like Miro could take a page from 3D software (Blender, Maya, Solidworks) which has for years used combined mouse key presses to allow for much more complicated navigation.

Thanks,

Mark