Shortcut to show/hide sidebar (for Frames/Activities, Comments, Board History)

Hi there! I constantly use the frames sidebar to move to and fro when explaining a topic during a training. The only shortcut that I could find related to frames is “F”, which creates a new frame. What I’d really find useful is a shortcut that shows and hides the Frames sidebar. Hopefully, when it shows it, it’d change focus there, so that one can move along the list of frames with the keyboard only.

Thanks!

Alan

I vote for this feature too. Maybe Shift+F, or something like that. It would be very useful.

I guess not too many people feel the need for such a feature 😞 This idea has been proposed for over a year now, and it only has 10 votes :(

I was looking for a way to quickly jump between frames. The “frames sidebar” (which conveniently has the option to switch between a thumbnail and list view) does just that.

But, it’s rather bothersome to precisely navigate the mouse to the left-bottom corner to open or close the sidebar. So a keyboard shortcut for that would make navigating the board a lot easier!

Sounds like a quick win?

PS.  Thanks to the team for Miro. I’ve worked with many (drawing) applications and collaboration tools before, but Miro has quickly won my heart, especially because of its user friendliness and collaboration options. Congrats!

With this post being a little over three years old, and with the frames sidebar having evolved into so much more than just “frames”, I have updated the title of this idea to from:

Shortcut to show/hide frames sidebar

to:

Shortcut to show/hide sidebar (for Frames/Activities, Comments, Board History)

I am opening the sidebar on a daily basis, so a shortcut would be very useful.

Shortcut Options

Looking at the current shortcuts, the following do not seem to be in use by Miro (I cannot speak to the OS level):

• Shift + S
  • Alt/Option + S
  • Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + S
  • Alt/Option + Shift + S

For those who only want a keyboard shortcut to show/hide comments, please vote for

https://community.miro.com/ideas/introduce-a-keyboard-shortcut-to-toggle-comments-on-off-7629