"Search Within Boards"

Would the Miro team consider making the “search within boards” function possible for those outside the “Enterprise” plan? I do not need all the features of the Enterprise plan (and the minimum member requirement needed for the plan is too high for my situation), but I could really benefit from being able to search board contents...

I agree. Searching inside of a board should be available to all paid plans at a minimum. 

Any other thoughts on this from anyone?

I have a thought…

Google Drive is already integrated with Miro.

For example, we can save a URL to drive, for example and when clicking the link from drive, that opens miro.

But Google Drive could also hold the contents of the board if the miro team would simply write that information to google drive using the API:

https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/file

Google Drive would then include the text, images, pdfs that are needed.

If that is a limitation, perhaps offer a way to export the entire board content to a Google Drive folder.

This way, Google can use it's own index and Miro doesn't have to spend time/effort on something that Google already does perfectly. I have no problems using a search in Google Drive and then opening a link to miro. In fact, I prefer the folder structure with tagging that is available in Google Drive to Miro's project management structure that is limited…

In any case, I agree and added my vote. Crazy limitation today to not index everything. Starts to become more of an annoyance, in fact...

I usually archive any board at some point as PDF export to OneNote. Microsofts OCR then quickly captures all the text and makes it accessible by search. Personally, I find it somewhat ridiculous that such a basic feature is available for large enterprise customers only. And each time you use global search they rub it in your face “Haha, 4 hits in board content but I won’t tell you where!”. Makes me considering tests of other products in one of my future projects.

Check out DEVONthink if you have a mac.

See this post for more details

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/devonthink-app-for-miro-5570?postid=23334#post23334

Would the Miro team consider making the “search within boards” function possible for those outside the “Enterprise” plan? I do not need all the features of the Enterprise plan (and the minimum member requirement needed for the plan is too high for my situation), but I could really benefit from being able to search board contents...

Hey Miro Community–– We just introduced advance dashboard search in Miro! Check out this post to learn more about this update. As always, thank you for your continued feedback and helping make Miro better 🚀

Seems we can search now, but the window is small and searches cannot be saved as if they are folders.

DEVONthink offers a Smart Folder, which is in fact a search that you create that contains all the keywords and filers you wish to use and then it stays updated automatically because whenever it is opened, it works just like a regular folder that contains the items.

For miro, having search as a first class citizen, meaning a project level folder with keywords and dates as filters that search board content would be very helpful to offer alternative ways to get at old information organized in other ways physically inside projects.

With 1000’s of boards, it’s important to have a full screen view of the search results and be able to preview the boards quickly while in search before opening the boards.