Rich text editor

Related products: Fonts & Text editing

The current text box widget allows simple formatting but it is quite limited - I can’t for example have text of different sizes in the same box.  There are many great open source rich text editor widgets available for the web.  I would really find it useful if there was a widget that enabled me to embed a rich text editor right on the page.

Thanks

David

I support this! I’d also be happy with a built-in solution to have fonts of different sizes in one shape or sticky note

Me 2!!!

I consider it essential to have the option for different font size in a sticky note!!

I would love to have this feature! I miss this feature almost every day.

This feature is one of the *biggest* limitations for me in Miro.

I can write detailed notes that are properly formatted in Evernote.

I can organise and associate “notes” in Miro visually.

I want to be able to do both things in one place. It’s ironic that this forum has better text formatting control than Miro does. It’s a feature that I assumed would just be there.

Please implement this feature!

Are there any news on this? Would be great to see this soon.

I agree in general, adding more formatting options would be nice. But in sticky notes? Not sure why I would want to have different fonts and font sizes in a sticky note. Sounds pretty messy to me. However, I'd love more formatting options in cards. 😊

+1 for a multi line text field with rich text options

Large text header with Small text below in one shape or box or sticky note

+1 also for rich text in text box :)

Would love to see that

All the yes-es! The requirement to have a different text box per text size is really frustrating to manage, and also adds to the number of objects on the board which can affect performance for large-scale boards. 

An example lately is having a group that contains 3 text boxes for heading, subheading and body copy, repeated around 20 times on the board but with different text in each.

If the heading of one instance is longer than the original, I have to manually move the subheading and body copy text boxes down to make room. Super inefficient and face-palmingly annoying 😩🤦‍♀️

While I don’t need full rich text, I do miss lists and indentation for text on stickies and shapes.

Different capabilities for text on different objects

same! I’d love to be able to have a title/header in the same text field and be able to make it slightly larger. Otherwise, when having two separate text fields (one header, one body) you need to make sure to select both when moving them, or watch that they dont overlap, if title gets longer.. 

+1  As a first time user, I immediately create a shape and hoped to create structured text inside with a title and a couple paragraphs and/or bullets and was a sad boi when I had to resort to free text.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration and appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team