Remove seats no longer in use

I find it very frustrating that even when i change users to free users that Miro continues to charge me for their seat. I just found out that Miro was trying to charge us for double the amount of people actually using the platform. We want to use Miro widely but it should be quite simple. Bill us for the amount of active users and don’t make it my job to keep track of that billing. 

Agreed. You should only be required to pay for the number of seats required in order for the subscription to be active.

Yes I’m having the same problem. I have deleted users down to 3 but am still charged for 6 seats! 
I can not find anyway to remove seats / licenses.
I’m starting to think this is their business plan.

Yes I’m having the same problem. I have deleted users down to 3 but am still charged for 6 seats! 
I can not find anyway to remove seats / licenses.
I’m starting to think this is their business plan.

@cheesescone - This help center article should help:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571714#h_69d202fe-7d1e-4f74-8a50-fc55a8ed9395

Hey @cheesescone,

Just wanted to add here that if you are on the Business plan, you won't be able to decrease the number of seats lower than 5 as this is the minimum number of licenses this plan can be purchased with. If you usually have fewer users needing a full member's license, feel free to consider the Team plan (with a minimum of 2 seats) or the Consultant plan (that can be purchased with just 1 license). 

If you aren't sure which plan would work best for you, please take a look at this handy article for features comparison: Plans and features available

Should you decide to change the plan, please get in touch with the Support team via this form, as you'll need some help with downgrading. 

@Alyona @Robert Johnson Thanks for the quick feedback, and support team for promptly showing me were I can change the seats purchased.

Would be good to have this as automatic when each member is deleted.

cheers

@cheesescone 

Would be good to have this as automatic when each member is deleted.

Agreed - perhaps that will be a future enhancement. For now, you should see the following message each time you remove a user:

If you remove Full members from your account, you will see a message that you now have empty seats. If you are not planning to invite Full members to take the vacant seats, click Manage seats and decrease the team size.

notification_about_empty_seats.jpg

Source → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571234-Remove-users

@Robert Johnson 
Ah ok, having this dialogue appear is good 🙂
Thanks