Randomizer ( Dice, Coin, Percent, etc )

Do you ever found yourself between 2 colors for that icon, in a pair team you have a split decision, where to order food?
Sometimes you cant decide, lets the chaos help.

My suggestion is a simple input field where you write in a formula and send the result to the chat and the last result to a component ( sticker for example ) in the board.

The most know randomizer formula come from RPG tabletop  x D y +/- z
x = number of attempts
y = max number ( 1 to y )
z = value to increase ( + ) / reduce ( - ) from the total

Example:
1d2 = One random number between 1 and 2 → Toss a coin ( to your witcher ) → Output: 1d2 ( 1 )
1d6 = One random number between 1 and 6 → Simple die  → Output: 1d6 ( 3 )
2d6 = Two random numbers between 1 and 6 → Two simple dices → Output: 2d6 ( 4,5 ) = 9

1d100 + 10 = One random number between 1 and 100 plus 10 → Percent number plus 10 → Output: 1d100 + 10  ( 56 ) = 66

Was looking for a solution to this myself as my gaming group has been using Miro. I ended up using @Kiron Bondale‘s iframe solution but with the https://dm.tools/dice/ site. Here’s my iframe code:

<iframe src="https://dm.tools/dice/" frameborder="0" width="600" height="600" scrolling="no">
DM Dice Tools
</iframe>

It almost works! There’s some broken code on dm.tools when you try to set up a room. If they fix it, then this could be the solution.

@Bubble D Not sure what you mean by “try and set up a room” but I put that iframe code in my Miro board and the basic dice rolling functionality works fine for me. 

@Bubble D Not sure what you mean by “try and set up a room” but I put that iframe code in my Miro board and the basic dice rolling functionality works fine for me. 

In order for another participant to see what you rolled you would need to be each screen sharing each time it was your go, which would slow a game down and wouldn't be fun. Otherwise these dice websites create rooms, with a URL and room name, where you can set your game up and it keeps track of everyone's username and score. If this website fixed its room function it would work perfectly with Miro for collaborative d&d. 

Ah got it! I had yet to test it with my group yet. That’s ok as long as people have a tool to roll with. I trust my players not to cheat dice rolls

Hi all. 

Seems like a couple really cool apps have already spawned from this thread from  @Daniel Wirtz and @Alexander Kuznetsov ( brilliant work! )

Inspired by this and other Miro Community forum threads around randomization tools,
we’re excited to have just published Totally Random on the App marketplace. 

It may not do yet precisely what’s all being desired in this thread (I know many came for the ‘dice’), but I do hope some of you might find it helpful. 

Features: 

• 1 random item from a selection of items
  • Random number between a chosen min and max
  • Divide into random evenly sized groups with chosen group size
  • Shuffle Locations
  • Shuffle Stack Order

We just added a deck of card-style shuffle feature tonight. 

@Colinaut @Mohak Gulati @Bubble D @tpftg @G. Ti. @Denis Orlov @Kiron Bondale @Timofey Yevgrashyn @Samir Abreu @elektrlex @Alexander Kuznetsov @Thomas Seiger @dingo