Radial "dial" menu for Post-it colours

I really love colour-coding my postits during sessions, and one frustration is having to move the mouse so much in the moment when I want to switch colours.

My workflow for creating new post-its is to press “N” and then go and choose the colour, then move the mouse back to where I’m in the workspace and place down the postit.

A better workflow would be to press N and have a radial menu open up AT THE MOUSE CURSOR with all the colour options right there at hand. 

Another usable option is to make the N hotkey actually place the note down at the current cursor location. Then you get the style popup right there in-context and can change colours.

@Tom Auger :

Your wish is implemented - only without a Radial dial but with more coulour options and much more options for stickies - in this one:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/free-text-formatting-for-stickies-250

Just vote for it.

Michael

@Tom Auger :

Your wish is implemented - only without a Radial dial but with more coulour options and much more options for stickies - in this one:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/free-text-formatting-for-stickies-250

Just vote for it.

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the response.

They are not, in fact the same request. Your request is for more options - colours, fonts, etc for stickies. My request is simply to move the sticky colour selection away from the left-hand sidebar and instead at the mouse cursor as a time saving device.

I’m happy for your suggestion as well, but my goal is to increase the speed of creating stickies in a live-workshopping situation. I think all your additional options would just increase complexity, and most of what you want to do can be done with the rectangular object tool.

For me, stickies are about instantly capturing ideas in the moment and not worrying about styling, fonts, bold etc. The colour coding however is a useful rapid whiteboarding tool to capture different types of information - eg: user groups vs. user stories.

@Tom Auger :

More options does not mean more time / or complicated handling - iMindMap shows how a much better / and more colour-options could save a lot of time:

I like to have the max of choices with less clicks:

In this small dialogue box you’ve got everything you need:

Fonts/Fontsize/Fontstyle/Allignment / Colouring Branches 

If you only compare the size of miro dialogue-fields you get an idea that a simplier box could help.

Michael