Print/Export a Subset of Frames

Our organization uses Miro heavily for day to day work and because of that we end up with very large boards with many frames.  We are aware that we can print all of the frames at once or each frame individually but it would be more helpful to us if we could group subsets of frames that we could then call up for batch printing/exporting when we needed to.  As it stands now we have to print the entire presentation and then delete the unwanted frames one by one.

+1 This would be super useful for boards that are added to over time.

+1 Indeed. I thought of an alternative approach: How about exporting the selected frames? That way, one doesn’t need to create subsets of frames. I assume we all group the frames together visually anyhow. 

+1 We use miro boards as a class for some of our homework and it gets difficult to export just our own work, not the whole class.

We have rather large views and often times we just want to export a few frames to a PDF (or print them). Currently, if you select a few frame, printing or exporting is done on the entire board wasting a lot of time and resources for Miro and Me. If it works (and some times not because of the size), I get to download huge PDF file and now I have to pull pages out of it. It should be simple to add an option to print or export selected frames - it would pay back in lower resource use and would make customers happy..

Found the answer in another article on this site - https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/export-selected-frames-to-pdf-1459

The “key” is to ONLY select frames.  If you select any other object, that’s where you run into this issue.

Lasso the frames that you want to print, then use the object filter to select “just the frames”.  Then you’ll get the PDF with just those frames when you export.

Found the answer in another article on this site - https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/export-selected-frames-to-pdf-1459

The “key” is to ONLY select frames.  If you select any other object, that’s where you run into this issue.

Lasso the frames that you want to print, then use the object filter to select “just the frames”.  Then you’ll get the PDF with just those frames when you export.

I have found that if you export frames in this way, the order in the pdf is based on the frame position in the page rather than the order in the sidebar. For this to be useful, it really needs to be in the same order as presentation mode.

When you mention selecting frames for export in Miro, did you also find that including other objects in the selection caused issues? I ask because I've been encountering a similar problem where exporting a mix of frames and other elements seems to lead to unexpected results. Your insight about using the object filter to isolate frames sounds promising, and I'm curious to know if this workaround helped you achieve more accurate PDF exports.