Portals to other Boards

It would be cool if I could have a frame that shows the most up-to-date content from another board from another team. This “live feed” space could be kept up by the other team but used for other boards that may need to relate a lot of other information from various teams/boards.

For example, our design team works on shoes, but we also work closely with our apparel counterparts. It’s great when we can keep each other updated, and putting all of our work on a single board together would become way too messy/confusing. I wish I could create a single frame that shows them what our latest (curated) thoughts are, and vice versa. We are both generally too busy to always check one another’s boards, much less make sense of them easily.

I call it portal, because of the video game Portal.

I love this concept!  I just came here to suggest the same thing!   I had a slightly different use-case.   I have a board where I manage 6 different (student) project teams.   each has its own chunk-o-Miro.  Then there is the “management meetings” section -- where we all meet and discuss stuff -- and we take notes.   In that “management meetings” section, there is sometimes relevant to one specific project.  (e.g. they were stuck on something… I had an idea… it gets put on a post-it in the management-meeting-notes section).  I want that note to be visible in their chunk-o-space too.   Like I want to plop a portal (or maybe a “live frame” could be a concept taken into Miro-speak?) in the project area - and that portal/frame is a view over/into that note in “management meetings”.  AND, ideally it could be edited in either place -- for “live” updating in the other place.  

Hence the concept of a “live frame”… or maybe a “Frame Mirror” is  even a better idea?  Any frame could be “mirrored” to another spot in Miro -- same or different board.     WAIT, maybe even a better/easier idea for Miro developers.   Let’s say I make a frame (currently) in Miro. 

I can then see options like this:  

See that “Copy Link”….. And see that “Copy as image”?    I want something that almost fuses the two.  Specifically:  If I chose “Copy Link”, and I then paste it <somewhere> -- currently I will see (in that pasted location) a thumb-nail with the (static) name of the board.   I want to be able to “right-click” that thumb-nail (link) image -- and select:   “Replace thumbnail with static frame image” or “Replace thumbnail with LIVE frame image”….  the static one just basically uses the “copy as image” process to replace the thumbnail with this-moment’s copy of the frame.  The LIVE version would do <that> but it would update it every so often.  (I guess, ideally, it would update it if content in the frame has changed….).      And, then it could work either within or across boards.   I think….    

That would be awesome -- I could have one “master viewspace” -- with little “live thumbnails” of interesting spaces from across all my boards!  

Hmm. I was going to suggest that you embed a board in a board, in presentation mode, with autoplay set to “yep”, but unfortunately the experience of doing so is worse from a Miro board than when you embed a board into an external site 😏

How it looks on Google Sites - you’ll see that the presentation autoplays, and to the frame of which I specified the ID (but doing a “copy link”):

https://sites.google.com/view/realrobertjohnson/home

However, when I do this in a board, it does not autoplay when I paste the same iFrame code into a Miro board:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOguZopk=/

(the source of the embed → https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVO73MS7c=/)