Password protected public boards

Hello,

for me as a user of the consultant plan it is important that every user I invite to my board

this user

• gets fast
  • instant
  • simple
  • userfriedly
  • and safe

access to my board as user friendly as possible.

So if I invite someone to my board the access should be

• Sended as Mail
  • Link inside
  • Password protected

No registration at miro - same like I do if I invite someone to zoom meetings.

Please can you make this possible? It would help a lot.

Michael

Just saw this when I used MIro today: 

And this is what it looks like for participants

Only board owners can set passwords.

Hey guys, 

as you’ve already noticed, we’ve started testing passwords-protection on public boards with a limited number of teams. We hope to make it available to all users on paid plans soon.

This. Changes. Everything.

Hi, in my Education account, this feature isn’t available yet. The post mentions that it includes Education too. Any idea if this will be available ? thank you

Our organisation is eagerly awaiting this new feature as it will solve a lot of problems for us.

@Timm Shrago - is there any update for when it will be coming to business plan accounts?

Also, if you’re looking for extra teams to help test it, we would be very interested in joining and providing feedback.

Thanks,

Our organisation is eagerly awaiting this new feature as it will solve a lot of problems for us.

@Timm Shrago - is there any update for when it will be coming to business plan accounts?

Also, if you’re looking for extra teams to help test it, we would be very interested in joining and providing feedback.

Thanks,

@Timm Shrago 

Same here. Would love to help out with testing and also curious about the timeline (implementation) 

@Timm Shrago do you have an update?

Hi guys, 

apologies for my silence.
We’re very close to releasing passwords on boards for everyone on eligible plan.

Thanks for your patience and support. 

Password Protection for public boards is now available on all paid plans - see the following changelog discussion post:

https://community.miro.com/changelog-discussion-31/password-protection-for-public-boards-now-available-on-team-business-consultant-and-education-plans-2009

Update: As @Robert Johnson posted already 3 days ago. (The one who can read has a big advantage 😉. It is available. 

Check this help article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014617239-Password-Protection-for-Public-Boards

This idea should now be moved to “i:tada:  Delivered - you can enjoy a new feature in Miro! ”. 

Thanks, @mlanders aka Michael for suggesting it and everyone for supporting it @Timm Shrago for chaperoning it through. :-)

Tim, can you let us know how much this thread plaid a role in this feature being developed? Did you reach out to Michael and other members in the thread to make sure the result is as they envision it? 

Tim how many of the new features are community suggested? It would be great to track that percentage. 

Let us know, Mark. 

P.S. How about adding additional status:

• “In development” for ideas that Miro is working on. 
  • “In consideration” aka has been added to the feature list, but not sure yet when it will be worked on. 
  • “Not yet!” as a nicer word for “Rejected”. Ideally with a comment why it isn’t a priority yet. 

P.P.S. Who else is interested in getting a hierarchical list when downloading your mindmap as a CSV file? Please support this thread next: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/export-mind-map-as-hiearchy-in-csv-1343

Hi @finnern 
thanks for your support.
This topic has definitely helped to prioritize this functionality. 
Having you guys suggesting new features or highlighting problems is great and gives us more clarity when planning our work and choosing items from our very long to-do lists.
Cheers, Timm