Option to “draw” even without an active stylus

Hi, 

I had a thought about the “hopefully soon yet still-in-the-future” stylus/Apple Pencil support in Miro…

I’m not sure how close the developers are to rolling out this feature, or if this has been though of already, but I think an option to “draw” even without an active stylus will still be necessary. 

I’m worried that the new feature will be an “either-or” situation where if your stylus/Apple Pencil dies (or if you wanted to use a non-capacitive stylus) that you will be unable to draw on things in Miro…

Hopefully this has already been thought of and there will be a third option...

Hi @Ryan Wagner

Thank you for sharing this idea! It is in the backlog :slight_smile:

@Marina The new pen feature is fantastic. You guys really delivered! Other than what I said above, I can’t think of any changes that could be needed...Thanks again.

I wanted to keep this idea in the air and also see if anyone else would benefit from it. For my use case, my team is working in the field with ipads and “active (capacitive) styluses” (like 3rd party Apple Pencils.) Sometimes those styluses are dropped and break, or stop working for some other reason. 

It would be great if they could use a backup “normal” stylus (like a regular rubber or mesh-tip stylus) in Miro if they needed to.

Maybe a function that - when you click the pen/highlighter in Miro - would let you enable/disable the “active” feature?

Any other interest in this? Looking ahead to another year of my team in the field with fragile “active” styluses. Would love to be able to annotate with a normal stylus in the event one of them breaks or gets lost...