Offline mode

Related products: Other

Hello Miro Team, I am pretty sure you guys on fire now with huge demand for your product, but Miro need an offline mode for iPad, it is just not possible to use it if connection interrupted, people are using this not only for constant collaboration, there a lot of people who do some preparation for projects, and these situations not really need the connection. But when you can’t use the app it is the most frustration time, when you start thinking why such smart people couldn’t figure out this.

Do not listen PMs if the telling you this is not what customers need! We need this! We need to be able to work with app in any conditions.

this do not has to load everything, just have some sort of buffering of last sessions, we need this mode to add something new, not to view old.

Hope to see it soon.

Ed

Hi,

how many votes are required to have a feature visibility to be considered?

While I understand some of the fundamental goals of Miro (collaboration), I think that availability of the product in different environments should be considered, such as the offline mode. And yes, there might be some thinking involved on how to handle versioning, conflicts and other things, but many platforms do it.

Lack of connectivity while travelling is probably one of the main reasons, but there are many other. sadly, I find myself resorting to Whiteboard when I am offline, just to find that I need to then duplicate my work in miro, and often I swivel between both just because its a misuse of my time to be replicating it.

Please consider.

I use Miro to think as well as to design and lead workshops.   Sometimes I need to think when the  internet isn’t in range.  And sometimes I disconnect from it on purpose in order to think.  So I really miss the lack of offline board editing capability.   What would work for me is to be able to create boards whenoffline, then save them to cloud, and to D/L existing boards for offline editing, then synch them when connected again.    

It’s not how you think of Miro.  But it’s how the use of Miro has evolved for me, and I wish you could support it.

Hello Miro Team, I am pretty sure you guys on fire now with huge demand for your product, but Miro need an offline mode for iPad, it is just not possible to use it if connection interrupted, people are using this not only for constant collaboration, there a lot of people who do some preparation for projects, and these situations not really need the connection. But when you can’t use the app it is the most frustration time, when you start thinking why such smart people couldn’t figure out this.

Do not listen PMs if the telling you this is not what customers need! We need this! We need to be able to work with app in any conditions.

this do not has to load everything, just have some sort of buffering of last sessions, we need this mode to add something new, not to view old.

Hope to see it soon.

Ed

I use Miro to compile a Context Map for a particular vertical. It is very flexible to compile information in multiple formats.

The thing is that I have an upcoming 12h flight on which I’d like to continue compiling that information from multiple offline sources (Mainly .ppt’s) into my Miro board. But I just found out I cannot access my Miro board without an internet connection…

This would be an awesome addition to the Miro product for such use cases.

+1

Sometimes the connection to board servers is spotty either on my end or yours and in those cases I’d like to still be able to access and run workshops using this platform.

That continuous stability is critical for our team and right now I’m concerned I’ll run into a scenario where I need to use Miro to facilitate a workshop and won’t be able to. 

Miro team doesn’t care about the votes here. A lot of people want this feature for years, but they don’t care any. We need this feature. 

It’s so weird this isn’t implemented yet, it’s essential!!

I’m travelling internationally today.  I deeply wish I could have an offline mode so that I could do some important work on the plane.

Totally !!!

Both employees and managers fly on planes. Every week I travel 4 hours by first-class train between major cities in my country. There is no worse feeling than knowing you could use those 4 hours productively and prepare an amazing presentation but Miro wont let you because it cant handle simple offline caching mode like Google Docs. 4G and 5G mobile data reception is spotty and there are many places that just have 0% signal.

18 months into using Miro and this is still my #1 need. I use Miro for film/commercial production, shooting in remote areas with no service or spotty service or even just traveling. To be able to at least download boards while on WIFI and take onto flights/film shoots, minimally as a read-only (but preferably as an editable board) is the dream. So many users (over 1260 as of now) see the value in some version of offline.

A year and a half in and I’m still manually migrating to Notability for offline.

Hi

I have begun to lose content during meetings when ‘syncing’ wheel turns up. This is on both heavy boards and lighter ones. Offline saving might hopefully make this problem go away, particularly when zoom and miro are running simultaneously and the internet is patchy. 

Offline capacity please! 

Christine

Totally understand the synchronization and issue but could the middle ground be that personal boards can be available offline? From a productivity perspective we often need to work from planes etc. On a plane I’m typically planning. Currently do all of this outside miro which then results in duplicate work as I reimplement on a shared board. It would be great to work offline on a personal board and then just be able to do a simple copy / cut / paste to a shared board.

This post is 2 years old… Any update on this @miro? 

I would very much like to see the miro product roadmap in order to understand what is the higher priority element that prevents the function that has been requested for 2 years, which would make it possible to work in offline mode.
 why did you develop the desktop app? what's the point if it can only be used online?

it's simply unfathomable...here's a collaboration app without offline mode….. 🤡

Still no chance to get that feature out the door after years of posted wishes?

+1

Offline-mode would be great. As a facilitator I could prepare or edit workshop-boards while travelling (in the train, airplane).

please check back in on this! Would be great to be able to import a miro board and then upload it again once we get back online

if you, Miro team, make a paying offline version, I’m sure many users will be happy to buy it!

+1

I’m evaluating miro, I can’t recommend it for company-wide adoption without some kind of offline support.

I´d love to have this feature. One of the best moments to do brainstorming or start creative process is when the no disturbs. One place / moment when this happens is flying, in the aiplane. It would be great to have this feature: offline mode. Thanks for the great work Miro team. 

Absolutely must have feature! Myro team, please hear us! Would be nice to have an offline mode at least for personal boards! When there is only one user, why do you need to care about synchronisation so much?

+1

I would like to use Miro on my commute to work to plan workshops & synthesise user testing notes, but I can’t because my mobile connection is awful.

Any updates on this?

+1361

Please:)  necessary for working while traveling (plane, train, etc.)

Hope to see it soon.

Ed

Please change the Upvote Button!