Offline mode

Related products: Other

Hello Miro Team, I am pretty sure you guys on fire now with huge demand for your product, but Miro need an offline mode for iPad, it is just not possible to use it if connection interrupted, people are using this not only for constant collaboration, there a lot of people who do some preparation for projects, and these situations not really need the connection. But when you can’t use the app it is the most frustration time, when you start thinking why such smart people couldn’t figure out this.

Do not listen PMs if the telling you this is not what customers need! We need this! We need to be able to work with app in any conditions.

this do not has to load everything, just have some sort of buffering of last sessions, we need this mode to add something new, not to view old.

Hope to see it soon.

Ed

How is this coming along?

Miro offline is my #1 feature request. It would dramatically increase the value of this product.

There are many ways this could be done and people have suggested some above. Any of them would be better than nothing but I would definitely want a way to edit, not just view.

Many tools designed primarily for collaboration allow this, eg. Google docs. 

My favourite method would be a button "edit offline" only available in the Miro app (mobile + desktop). You press it and a popup appears "Warning! This board will be locked - others will have read-only access with a warning them they may already be looking at an outdated version." I press continue and there's a red banner at the top saying "Offline mode" so I don't forget. With a button "Sync now" which replaces the old version with this one and makes it online again.

I've had so many use cases for this now; my current one right now is working in less privileged areas in the world where internet is less reliable. These countries deserve powerful tools like this more than us. And people like me who work in communities like this would really appreciate this tool being more useful in this way. Isn't a huge % of Miro's use single-person? (even if it's in prep or post for a group session?)

I totally agree with Luke. In lot of situations collaborative mode doesn’t need to be use at every minute. The project’s pilote might use this offline mode : he knows when it’s OK to freeze the board, without trouble for other users ! Im’ a consultant and I need very often offline mode (when moving, without stable internet connexion...), ta prepare my next project ! PLEASE MIRO work on it, it would make your product so perfect (wich is so close ;-)

Miro plis :persevere:

Any progress on this Miro? This would broaden the use of the app.

Dear Miro Team,

it would be nice to have updated information on this, as this is the main reason reaching out for other apps. As a programmer, I understand it is difficult to implement with synchronization issues, however the idea mentioned above of locked boards or even if it is only available for unshared boards. However, for independent fluent work, an offline version is absolutely crucial and one of the advantages of the competitors.

Thank you for updating the community.

Best wishes,

Larissa

I really need this to be creatred.

+1 for you project. 

+1 !

Although I love the product, I’m not allowed to use it because of security and confidentiality. 

PLEASE add functionality to only save local, and not in clouds etc..

@Godert :

I had many many concerns and 2 GDPR specialized lawyers told me that of a security-reason I cannot use miro because of the new GDPR (Miro has nothing changed about it - although they know that this is a problem for every European user).

I moved to collaboard and I reccomend to do the same … their servers are in Swizzerland and in Germany … you can have their platform even on your own server with your own branding …

https://www.collaboard.app/self-hosting-on-premises-aws-azure?hsLang=en

And it is so much fun to work with it - never regretted it and I would do it again …

https://www.collaboard.app/

Security is the no 1 topic and the really take care about this

https://www.collaboard.app/online-whiteboard-for-enterprises?hsLang=en

… now i can collaboarte with my clients and with the people of a large educational company without having fear of breaking the law …and with the knowledge:
My data and that of my clients and educational company is safe and will not be transfered to other countries / companies …

You still got this:
https://miro.com/legal/privacy-policy/

• This is not allowed … everyone knows it … 
    ask a lawyer who is specialized in GDPR - I have done it:

Miro is ignoring the needs of each and every European user … 

https://www.collaboard.app/product

Michael

Offline mode is needed everywhere. On ios/ipados/android/ web/macos/windows as well please.

I use Miro for studying and creating concept maps. Even a view-only feature so I download the boards I've created to study certain concept maps would be hugely beneficial for me. Thank you!

Registerred with the community just to up vote this & add a comment (nothing new to be said...just a +1)

Hello There,

Bravo for the great work and excellent UX.

Offline mode Please,

And even if it is for one bord only… that will be a great start.

Thank you ;)

I need a product that allows for offline as well as online mode. Not having it is a deal killer. I will be porting anything I have over to OneNote until I find something that does both. I’d rather use janky OneNote since it does actually do both. 

If offline/airplane mode is on the list of features the developers have, would be nice to have a timeline of when we could have this. It is absolutely essential, especially with travel opening up more. 

Another here with Offline Mode as my #1 feature request.

The whole point of using Miro for me is so I have a centralized platform for note-taking, to-do lists, project management, and work stuff.  Collaboration is important too, but not the most important use case for me.  

But if I have to use another application when I’m not connected, it defeats the purpose, because then i have to waste time transferring notes and files later, across 2 or more apps/platforms.

Also, a board being online adds lag time, especially for large boards.  This is inferior to other productivity tools which run straight on your device.  Almost a deal-breaker in some cases.  (there should be zero load or lag time when trying to simply jot down a quick idea/note.)

But the Miro interface is pretty amazing, you guys have built something truly spectacular for organizing projects.  😃

My suggestion:

Miro would function better as an offline first application, with periodic sync online across devices and users (regular autosave, more or less).  A live mode could be toggled on for real-time collaboration.  I know this would create its own complications, but it could make Miro the go-to dashboard for “everything I do”, at least for me.

Thanks for everything so far!

Hi, 

many thanks for a great tool. 

Please add it. We cannot use it as the main presentation tool until there is a risk of lack of mobile signal or slow wifi. (basement / big conferences ). 

Such presentations happened and were very unfortunate :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

M.

Miro’s service outage yesterday totally killed a time critical meeting I had with colleagues - all I needed to do was see the latest cached version of my board. Even a read only mode would have been fine. Please consider adding this soon.

Also affects me every morning on the train when I lose internet connection. Miro is super critical to my workday. offline mode is a must have

I work on some of the models alone. just me. no one else. basically to keep my thoughts in order. why not to start implementing offline mode just for that?

Please x 1000. I do not always have internet connection and I’m in love with Miro as a new person learning to design. Please can the community get this feature.

I was quite excited to start using this across multiple teams - but it’s simply unsuitable if there is no way to have at least a read only offline copy of the diagrams/boards.

Such a disappointment - if there are any community advocates or miro employees who read this, it would really help teams who are considering wider use of this if you could at least address this thread - even without a timeline, we could really use some sort of acknowledgement that this may or may not be something in development.

Without that, it will be extremely difficult not to continue to shop for alternatives. 

I have just started using Miro with my team and I cannot believe there is no offline support.

Having to make sure there is internet access really hinders some of our use-cases. I would have thought this was a standard feature in an app that can be used for notes and sketches, which can then later be connected to a connection for collaboration.

This feature is the second most upvoted request behind dark mode.

Personally, I cannot believe how many times I've read the sentence “I cannot believe [random stuff]" in this community… 😂

Personally, I cannot believe how many times I've read the sentence “I cannot believe [random stuff]" in this community… 😂

Interesting, it’s my first time here so I haven’t spent much time reading other posts. Perhaps “I cannot believe...” is people’s default reaction to feature requests that should have already been implemented?

@LachlanK “Should have” is very subjective and doesn't take any other perceived “should haves” into account. That's what I'm trying to say. 🙂

Can someone please list of all of the online collaborative whiteboard platforms (with features comparable to Miro, e.g., not MS Whiteboard) that have an offline option? I am genuinely curious.