Objects with connection line to itself

Related products: Mapping & Diagramming

I would like to be able to easily anchor connection arrows from an object back onto itself. For example the state diagram below:

The problem I am having, is that the layout tools do not provide me with the blue endpoints to anchor the arrow head when I try to point the connection back onto the same object.

Is there something I’m missing? If not, don’t you think this would be valid functionality to allow full anchoring of the connectors for self-connecting objects?

@Steven Bennett - I think your ask is reasonable and has a number of use cases.

I’m not coming across any existing Wish List Ideas that describe your use case. Rather than creating a new post to request this, let me know if you’d like for me to convert this post to a Wish List Item.

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply. I am new to this forum. Yes, please could you convert this to a wish list item!

Thanks 

Steve

@Steven Bennett - Done - add your vote!

Hi was this ever implemented?

This is definitely a glaring limitation in Miro.   

Lots of processes and diagrams need self loops / self connections.   

The current work arounds are inconvenient.

It gets even better when we ask for “lines that connect to lines” … 
when shapes represent entities and lines represent relationships, we have no way to have relationships with relationships or add annotative statements to lines.  A super user request in the making - but one that aligns with graph theory, systems architecture, and more. 

IdeaDelivered