Nested Frames

I would like to be able to add frames that can be nested in larger frames, so that I can move the larger frame around with the smaller frames inside. This will help collaboration where we’re running multiple studies for multiple teams and frames serve as the Table of Contents. 

AMEN!!

It is to me strange that not everyone is asking for this.

@Rachel Fleming @ChrisK @Bengt Ellison :

The answer is simple: This wish still exists. It is a Part of this wish:

https://community.miro.com/topic/show?tid=93&fid=32

@Marina could this be implemented?

Michael 

@mlanders I’m not sure I totally agree with you. The layer functionality asked for is soo much more. This feature is pretty straight forward. 

but in general attaching something to something else in miro is a nightmare (grouping manually is needed) I’m coming from using Lucidchart and M$ Whiteboard and there is soo many features that is missing. Attaching handwriting to something Allow drawing on sticky notes | Miro and icon text without grouping. Starting to get frustrating. 

This is more important than it might seem. Nested frames gives us not only a visual way of having sub-groups, they give us a SEMANTIC way of grouping things, other than stand-alone frames. 

Currently, if you have content in a frame and you want to group items within it, you have to group them (which leaves no visual mark and so it is only a help for manipulation), or put them inside a shape like a rectangle, which does not have a semantic link, only visual, so it cannot be manipulated easily, or exported. 

Basically, just allow any nested frame to be moved/exported/manipulated as part of the parent frame, and problem solved. I imagine there are more technical difficulties, but at a high level, that’s all we need.  

This one is a big deal Miro! Please implement it. 

Trivial Feature. Wonder why it is not there yet. The hierarchy should be visible in the frame navigation.

One word: composition

Figma’s version of this kind of workflow has it… Unfortunately we use Miro as a firm so I can’t just get 200+ people to swtich for 1 feature, but I use it when I know I’m the only one going to see it for this reason. Many of us use frames as a way to group but still easily edit things and move them. not sure why this doesn’t exist yet.

I also am very surprised that this doesn’t exist yet. If we’ve got a frame, which as it’s core encapsulates a set of objects and forms a little hierarchy, it seems logical/natural that frames themselves would also be an object that could be encapsulated and added to a hierarchy.

Not having this means I end up having to awkwardly manipulate outer frames with inner frames (and their contents), and grouping is not even remotely good enough, as it locks things in place, meaning I’m having to regularly ungroup to just make simple edits.

I need to represent sub-components of systems regularly, and not allowing nested frames mean that my diagram is either overly heavy on the inner object naming conventions, or overly simplified to the detriment of the people looking at my diagrams.

Yes, similar to sections that Figma created. This will help with board organisation.