Multiple Miro boards in another Miro board.

Enable linking and embedding of multiple Miro boards. They should be accessible like normal boards.  (No pop-up window etc.)
As numbers of boards grow this would be awesome for various organisational reasons.

Thanks & Peace,

Michael

Hi @Michael Schade 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

This feature already exists!

You just have to follow the step below

<iframe src="[Miro board Link]"></iframe>

copy the whole code and paste it on the iframe code panel

Mh I know about that feature but it opens it in another window. I just would like to have a frame like any other frame I use in the board so I can merge boards together.

Hi @Michael Schade !
You have to use this whole link

<iframe src="[Miro board Link]"></iframe>

not only  

[Miro board Link]

I tried exactly that. Unfortunately it’s not working. It looks like this:
And I’m using the newest version of your OSx app.

That’s How it will look just click it and it will open in the same board!

It’s then a pop-up window. I cannot move it around in the same board. The idea is to have the content available like any other content in the board.

Just follow this

when copying the share link of the board make sure that the link has all edit permissions

then

<iframe src="[Miro board Link]" width=”1920px” heiight=”1080px”></iframe>

It’s still not working. It shows me a big play button and only opens with an overlay. I would like to have the possibility to have the linked board content exactly as available as the other content in the board. Side by side. And I checked all the permissions and I own both boards. But thanks anyhow for the help and maybe this will be a feature in the future ;)

Hi @Michael Schade 

Currently, this is the best way possible to connect multiple Miro boards. Miro board has some architecture that you can change! Maybe in the future, if they make this feature available then you will able to use Multiple Miro boards side by side like a pdf!

Yea - that is annoying that it doesn’t just display the other board.  

Is it possible to display an image instead of the grey box with the play button?

Is it possible to display an image instead of the grey box with the play button?

@Bradford Fitch - I don't think it is possible to change the embed preview, but you could try using the autoplay switch to display the actual board.

Search this article for "autoplay":

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016335640-How-to-embed-editable-boards-into-websites

Hello
I might be wrong, this seems a finicky topic, but this worked for me:

Copy the link from the URL bar (left) link from share feature (right)

Tbh, the new ‘feature’ sucks. It’s not useful and in fact confusing and over-designed.

Update: Presentation mode embedded boards with autoplay set appear to still be loading inline, but Free Navigation boards are opening in a modal window.

@Robert Johnson I think I understand what you mean, can you pls elaborate on

• Presentation mode embedded boards << what are these, where is this defined?
  • with autoplay set << where do I set this?
  • Free Navigation << what are these, where are these defined?

sorry, I have not come across these different board types...

I should say that the links I’m using are directly copied from the URL bar or from the Share feature, I’m not modifying any HTML embed code.

@Marcel Britsch - Presentation/Free Navigation are the options when you get a board’s embed code for use on another Miro board or an external site.

Autoplay is the switch used to determine if the embedded board will show a thumbnail or the actual board.

You can read all about these options in the How to embed Miro boards Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016335640-How-to-embed-Miro-boards-

Here’s an example of a board embedded in an external side in Presentation mode (you can open the actual board by clicking on the name/title of the board):

https://sites.google.com/view/realrobertjohnson/home

Let us know if you have any more questions.

I should say that the links I’m using are directly copied from the URL bar or from the Share feature, I’m not modifying any HTML embed code.

Yes, my reply was geared more towards the original idea of this post - to have boards act like normal boards when insdie of other boards.