Multiple main window/views

I would like to have more than one window of the Miro app open at a time. When having really large canvases, it is hard to scroll back and forth to different areas of a canvas when referencing something. What I end up doing most times is open the Mac app and the same board in Chrome. Then I align the two side by side zoomed into different areas of the same canvas. Tools like Figma allow you to have multiple windows of the app open at one time.

I second this, this will be great for multiple monitors, 1 monitor for notes, several monitors for the different part of whiteboard,… => track multiple people drawing at different parts of the whiteboard  :grin: Right now a workaround is to use multiple Browser windows.

Found a work around. If you have the Miro icon in your windows task bar, shift-click it to get another instance of the app.

Any way to do this on the Mac OS?

For MacOS, run this command in your Terminal:

open -n "path/to/Miro.app"

and just put in the path your Miro.app!

Also, this would be good to be able to view 2+ boards side by side.

I know there are workarounds but, for me, multiple windows would still be hugely useful.

The problem is that, even if you open two or more instances of Miro, they are run entirely independent of each other.  You cannot drag and drop, or copy and paste, different elements from one instance to the other.  This is hugely limiting for me.

Exactly my issue. When I analyse my workshop data, I need to scroll huge ways from here to there all the time or comstantly switch between tabs. Would be great to have two windows side by side, but being able to copy content from one to the other would also be mandatory.

It would already be great to be able to have to same board open multiple times in the desktop app and jump between the two last used tabs with alt+tab.

I agree that this is important.

I use the Miro app on Windows 11. I like this UI and prefer it over using a browser.

I have many boards and often work on several of them in tandem, making edits and creating cross references.

Until sometime last year, I was able to use the Windows shift-click method to open additional instances of the app so that I could work on several boards (or several areas of the same board) in individual windows. But this method has stopped working, and I cannot find a way to start a new instance or open a new window.

I use the browser app as a workaround. This is sub-optimal, so I urge you to prioritize reintroducing this functionality. Since it worked fine not long ago, it should be very easy for you to do.

I would like to raise this topic once more, since opening two instances of miro with Shift+click seems not to work anymore. :-(
Opening the board again in a browser window is ok, but then you cannot copy-paste between the two boards anymore. That is really annoying.