More Powerful Cards

Cards

Is there a plan to make Cards more robust? They are a great starting point for more in-depth details/discussion, but for our team is falling short of what we really need them to be.

Here are a few thoughts that seem reasonable simple and would make them more powerful:

• The ability to mark a card "Resolved" like you can with comments.
  • The ability to "@" people.
  • Potentially the ability to assign more than 1 person to a card.
  • More formatting options including to-do like options included in the Notes section.

@TRS -

While the latter 3 ideas would definitely be enhancements, you can already achieve the first by using cards in a Kanban board.

Kiron

@TRS For cards that are not in a Kanban board (with a Done/Complete/etc. column), our team marks completed cards using a tag called Complete”.

@TRS -

While the latter 3 ideas would definitely be enhancements, you can already achieve the first by using cards in a Kanban board.

Kiron

Nice.  I wasn't aware of this tool.  It looks like it is defiantly something that will help us track cards!

Our studio creates graphics that evolve over a few rounds of revisions.  Typically we have notes/to-dos associated with each image.  It looks like we can still keep the leader lines connecting the cards and the area of the image that needs to be modified, but add the cards to a Kanban for tracking.

@TRS For cards that are not in a Kanban board (with a Done/Complete/etc. column), our team marks completed cards using a tag called Complete”.

I like this idea.  We tried something similar for an earlier project and it worked well.  If we go this route we might have to create a “To-Do” and a “Complete” tag so that items that need to be done can be searched.

I  am currently doing a comparison between several workflow tracking programs to see if we can achieve the same things with our Miro boards. 

Other things I would like to see in the Kanban cards

• Checklists 
  • Due Date Notifications 
  • Ability to Archive cards/lanes

I like these ideas, @Jessie. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest searching the Wish List section for Cards and voting for any other features you’d like to see. 

@Rob Johnson  Thanks and I sure have. Working on a POC for the business so it was a great way to see what what Miro can and can’t do. 

Trello cards would be a nice model for cards in Miro. I would like to add images and see the image in the card (displayed on the board) like Trello. Trello cards are great because you can site all of your sources and keep client conversations in one place. 

In addition to the great suggestions above, would also love to be able to embed images or tables into card descriptions. 

Tagging multiple people and marking as resolved are my biggest needs.  Have found workarounds for both, but not ideal.

I agree, would be great with more powerful features on cards - especially missing the due date notifications. 

Extra awesome would be to integrate these due dates and get them as a task in Todoist! 

There should be a few in the wishlist already for the ability to @mention in a card.

More formatting options and possibility to add images is definitely something I'd like to see! Not that interested in due date though, but I understand why some people are. 🙂

Cards / Kanbans would be far more useful if:

1. Assigned cards can show up feeds like an @mention
  2. Users can choose if Assigned cards with dates can appear as email reminders when due/upcoming
  3. Additional Kanban settings allowed for different sort / filter bys (tag, user, due date)