Master Frame/linked frames or Embed a Frame in a Frame (for consistent updates across time)

I want the ability to create a “master frame” and duplicate it visually while maintaining updates universally.

So, for example, I make a “goal setting” frame with some content initially, and then for each weekly meeting I can make a “weekly meeting” frame and within that weekly meeting can essentially embed the “goal setting” frame, so we can review and update the content week to week, while using an updated standard agenda, and the “goal setting” “master frame” is always up to date.

this could also be made to work across boards so you could have “master” content on frames somewhere on a private board, but then on the shared board see and update the “master” content.

I’d like this feature too - with it, you’d be pretty close to a full featured presentation authoring tool.

Another feature request, tackling similar use cases:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/linked-text-update-one-field-it-updates-in-other-places-2606

Came here to suggest this too!

I’d like to be able to set a Frame as a child as another Frame -OR- have a Frame’s “background” be the content of another Frame (possibly even with an opacity slider) so I can “build upon” one frame with new shapes in the subsequent frame. This makes for good story telling where I can present an existing process and how the modifications will fit into that process with a few variations. 

This is all about not having to duplicate the “parent” frame and maintain >1 frame for changes to the parent frame

One million percent. InDesign’s structure would work just fine. Upvoting this immensely.

Adobe XD also has some really nice features in terms of array management, on the topic of Adobe CC product carryovers.

Yes, please! We’re interested in keeping a common, branded look and feel for our boards across multiple courses that we offer. If you could do this, I’m sure we would ditch PowerPoint.

Uhh, yes - killer feature for having Miro as a presentation tool ...

Upvoting, came looking for this feature!

I see it as similar to PPT’s Slide Zoom -  a live image of a different frame, which could (or not) have a link to the frame. Ideally this would work across boards too.

I voted! I thought I would update with my thoughts on implementation. Someone mentioned Adobe XD above. I like, this and I think a better way of thinking about this is in terms components. If a frame from one board and all the content it contains could be “syndicated,” so to speak, perhaps through a proprietary internal mechanism (i.e. different object architecture within Miro), then the content could appear in other boards and behave more like a native element of that board (e.g. scaled, rotated, layered on top of) without the rigid display limitations of I-Frames.

Also, from a business value standpoint, this might enable a more interconnected and interdependent collection of content across users and accounts, perhaps paving the way to independent content communities.

Looking for this too!  I’ve been really impressed with the capability of Miro.  In many ways it would be a big upgrade from InDesign especially for collaborative projects if just a few more tools were added - Master sheets as requested here and guidelines for setting content within the frame to a certain size (so all my objects line up across multiple pages).  Master sheets would remove the immediate need for guidelines (as I could use a temporary object on the master as a workaround).  

Upvoting!  

Looking for this too!  I’ve been really impressed with the capability of Miro.  In many ways it would be a big upgrade from InDesign especially for collaborative projects if just a few more tools were added - Master sheets as requested here and guidelines for setting content within the frame to a certain size (so all my objects line up across multiple pages).  Master sheets would remove the immediate need for guidelines (as I could use a temporary object on the master as a workaround).  

Upvoting!  

What are you using Miro for that you previously used InDesign for? I think they are fundamentally different tools, targeted towards very different use cases. I’d generally caution against directly modeling this feature after a tool that was designed for the print publishing industry (multi-page, contiguos text flow with variable layout and layered schemes). I think that enters into a level of complexity that might cannibalize its strengths (Miro is a basic white-boarding and collaboration tool first). Templating, basic masters, and embedding need not be too elaborate. But they surely could benefit from being a little more integrated than they currently are (basically, IFRAME’d content).

Hi @Talisman999  and @Suomy 

Thank you for sharing all of the ways this idea could create value with you in Miro! Please continue to share your different use cases in the meantime as it is very helpful for our team.

Cheers.