Markers (icons, symbols, numbers, etc) for mindmap's nodes

Hi miro team,

Your've developed a great platform, so I switch from xmind to yours. But still you lack essential and trivial feature like ability to add so called markers to the nodes in the mindmaps. By markers I mean icons, symbols, numbers, etc, refer to mind please. 

These symbols would help to add ordering, or prioritize nodes. Also, would add more visuals hints to the information on the mindmap.

Hi @M. Loboiko. I see how these additional features could be useful. You’ve got my vote for sure!!

Hi @M. Loboiko ,

there are millions of ways to add symbols to your MindMap by using the different Icon-Tools:

For instance the Azure icon set:

or … the IconFinder

I know it would be better or faster to have few symbols on a mouseclick on a shortlist …

with this you got even a bigger choice of what kind of symbol you need.

Michael​​​​​​

I am missing that feature as well.
@mlanders, how do you insert the icon in a mindmap? I was not able to drag it and attach as node. Moreover I’d like to have the icon inside a text + some tools have a shortcut to write :name_of_icon: and it get changed to the icon, it would be awesome.

Thanks

Moreover I’d like to have the icon inside a text + some tools have a shortcut to write :name_of_icon: and it get changed to the icon, it would be awesome.

Thanks

I don’t know if it is possible to do so using Miro only. My “dirty solution” is just copying a symbol (e.g. from here: https://coolsymbol.com/) and pasting it inside text.

I am currently doing a comparison between Miro and Xmind, the main reason being the real time collaboration miro offers.  However, not being able to add an icon (marker) easily is a downfall and also not having a legend outlining each icon would be helpful. I have found many features that are lacking in miro compared to xmind.

In my opinion, this is the only reason now (after Miro added collapsible Mindmap nodes) why we are still using xmind for Mindmaps specifically. All the mentioned workarounds take up way too much time. This would be a game changer for Miro Mindmaps.

This feature is important especially if combined with the fact that Miro currently does not support exporting mind maps with hierarchy to csv files. An auto numbering system with a flat export to csv file could form an alternative if you want to collaborate with colleagues that prefer to use more text-based platforms e.g. Notion.