Markdown integration

Hey people !

This is more like requests what i’m posting here, but i don’t want to contact directly by mail for these requests.

First :

I’m a student programming and i use a lot of mindmap in my projects organization. I think it could be usefull for programmers like me to include small part of code with a colored synthax like this :

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
printf("hello world !");
return(42);
}

Second :

I love dark modes and i think they are more and more important for users theses days. I don’t found it so i think there isn’t this feature. I know it’s a ton of work in UI perspective but it’s a really worth of users comfort.

UPVOTE HERE

Thank you for reading me and share your opinion about my requests in comment section,

Can I haz markdown plz

Please make MD a thing!

Voting for markdown inside notes! It would be a killer feature 

Don’t care so much about dark mode at the moment - that’s more a nice to have. 

A MUST have is code blocks or markdown support! Please add this soon!

I agree with that

Markdown feature pleaseeeee!

MIRO!? HALLO?! HIGHLITE CODE PLS! 2021 today! R u ok?

Maaaaarkkkkkdooowwwwnnnnnnn!

Would vote +100 if I could :) 

Especially simple sticky notes would benefit SO much from properformatting

I don’t work at Miro but I’ve built an integration that supports a good chunk of the Markdown syntax and converts it: https://github.com/npentrel/miro-markdown-extension. Hope it will be helpful for some of you 🙂.

I don’t work at Miro but I’ve built an integration that supports a good chunk of the Markdown syntax and converts it: https://github.com/npentrel/miro-markdown-extension. Hope it will be helpful for some of you 🙂.

Thanks, Naomi! But the link does not work anymore… Did you take it down?

+1 for Markdown here

The additional expressiveness will really help embed this tool into our workflows, and help us take the ideas we develop in miro further and onto other platforms that bring those ideas to life such as GitHub

Markdown support to generate some diagrams in mermaid syntax https://mermaid-js.github.io/mermaid/#/entityRelationshipDiagram

Repeating my comment elsewhere...This is an absolute must!  Not having it means I will need to use something else (such as confluence) instead of miro.

There is a related thread here:  https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/paste-code-snippets-1614?postid=25652#post25652

Hopefully the votes get added up!

markdown is must have feature!

Would be hugely useful to have a richer way to format text. Miro could be our sole wiki and documentation source if we had markdown I think. 

Would be great! Especially when I want to supplement my UML diagrams with some code! :) 

Read about WYG vs WHM here:

https://docs.zettlr.com/en/concepts/wysiwym/

I like WYSIWYG

I also like WYSIWYM

I would like to have both and that means I would like to paste a markdown document into Miro and have no size limitation and have miro build it out in text objects, tables, and frames properly.

We have an API and I feel I might even be able to code this myself since I've already built a tool that takes telegram posts and posts them to miro, but I don't seem to have the skills to make it a seamless integration.

Would be nice to be able to go both directions (import and export).

Thank you.

So, miro needs a way to

1. Choose colors (hence dark mode customized by user if they wish)
  2. Choose markdown formatting and layout preferences as a template that can be shared with other users
  3. Import markdown and apply a formatting engine to the text.

Hey everyone, for those of you who were looking for something like code blocks, please check out the recent release of our code blocks widget🤓

Hey everyone, for those of you who were looking for something like code blocks, please check out the recent release of our code blocks widget🤓

This is nice, but frankly not productive enough.

I would prefer hiding code blocks in the boards, specially when it’s use for project management.

Code is usually a fine-details information.

I find it a complete surprise that Cards does not have markdown integration.

Markdown is an open source format, accepted in the engineering community with tons of resources to help implement.

Please add markdown support to cards, it’s essential for most engineers using Miro

Thanks for the reply @Shlomi Asaf , and it’s great feedback — can certainly appreciate where you’re coming from. We’re hoping to expand on the code block widget and open it up to the platform in the future which may solve some of this limitation.

The suggestion to add markdown support to cards is a great suggestion, however. I’ve passed this along to our product team.

Thanks!
Will

Man people have been begging for this for 3+ years now?

Please give us markdown support! Like, even if it was only a minimal syntax feature list like inline snippets, block snippets and links it would be amazing!

Markdown integration. Yes. Absolutely.

This is needed. Or at least more text formatting options within an element.

Isn’t the code block feature is already in Miro?