Markdown integration

Hey people !

This is more like requests what i’m posting here, but i don’t want to contact directly by mail for these requests.

First :

I’m a student programming and i use a lot of mindmap in my projects organization. I think it could be usefull for programmers like me to include small part of code with a colored synthax like this :

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
printf("hello world !");
return(42);
}

Second :

I love dark modes and i think they are more and more important for users theses days. I don’t found it so i think there isn’t this feature. I know it’s a ton of work in UI perspective but it’s a really worth of users comfort.

UPVOTE HERE

Thank you for reading me and share your opinion about my requests in comment section,

A way to add code blocks to the board would be extremely useful indeed. Simple markdown or more sophisticated code highlighting and formatting would solve the problem for me.

Hi ! Two features that I also expect a lot ! 

Hi @jecaudal ,

two good additional features worth voting.

Yes I also would like to see this!

Michael

I’m adding a massive vote for markdown integration. 

I use Miro primarily as a research/development note-taking tool for tech projects. I love how I can so easily pull in images and screenshots and draw arrows etc, but when it comes to actually writing notes I feel like the textbox tool is lacking. 

For example, README pages on github are really important and simple to put together (once you’ve learnt a few tags), but on Miro I feel like this kind of thing would be a but of a nightmare to put together and maintain. 

Anyway big thanks - I love this software, markdown support is probably the only thing that’s not perfect :raised_hands_tone1:

https://github.com/lukexyz/CraftVision

Don’t care so much about dark mode at the moment - that’s more a nice to have. 

A MUST have is code blocks or markdown support! Please add this soon!

I’m here for the MD integration.. Fantastic idea random Miro product owner.. Pull it out of the backlog kthx. :)

+1 for markdown!

Yep - why is MD (as far as it goes) only on the notes side bar and not in cards and just all text boxes

+1 for markdown and code blocks! :thumbsup::sunglasses:

100+ for markdown support!

+1 for Markdown indeed

Just realized Miro doesn’t offer MD support in the Notes panel (or in general). #sadFace

This would have been the perfect way to create interactive Product Requirements Docs. Guess I’m still stuck with PRDs written in separate documents. Meh

+1 for Markdown 🙏

Really missing the Markdown support!

Agreed. This is a huge missing piece in order to use Miro for architecture/software diagrams.

The omission of code-blocks and markdown is something of a showstopper for me. Markdown looks like the easiest way of providing code-blocks & gives more than just code-blocks. So that’s a vote from me.

Add me to the growing list of users who could greatly benefit from Markdown support in Miro. I would consider this to be basic functionality for such a rich and broad tool as Miro.

Agreed. Where is the markdown support?

I feel like more and more software companies are onboarding onto Miro, and markdown is such a prominent tool used by most modern professionals these days for sharing information. Heck, I use it multiple times a day in slack because I come across the need for it so often.

Big fan of Miro, just really need this feature!

yes, please yes add markdown support.. especially with/inside Cards and sidebar Notes. 

upvoted, cheers. 

+1 for markdown.  It would be such a useful feature!

+1 MD is definitely necessary! Hopefully, I will be able to see it in the next major iteration! Thanks, Miro team.

+1 for markdown. Hey Miro, if you want to attract and retain the developer community, you should probably gauge the usefulness of this feature soon. Its absence is the #1 reason only use Miro when I absolutely need to. You’d get a 4x usage lift from this sample, yours truly. 

Markdown would be a game-changer for me, as I frequently see opportunities to include code snippets when crafting boards explaining technical concepts!

Yes please I want to use Markdown on Miro

Markdown, yes please.

Markdown vote