Make frame titles smaller when zoomed out

Hi,

We use the frame feature a lot in order to structure our boards. However, when zoomed out the frame titles of closely adjoined frames very often overlap because they don’t scale down like other objects which often makes it difficult to navigate in zoomed out boards. Can this somehow be fixed?

Best and thanks,

Daniel 

I think that this functionality was fully intended by miro team and as for me, it is one of the most useful features when using frames - their names are the same size whatever zoom you are having. You can navigate easier, collaborators can find the proper frame anytime they zoom out. On the other hand, I use frames in most cases separately, not overlapping, so I did not encounter the problem you mentioned.

You can always try to make workaround and simply add text with required font size to the corner of the frame. It will be a little less convenient (you have to move the text with the frame every time), but it will do the trick

Hi @Pawel Owczarek, I am agreeing with you that Miro might have implemented this function on purpose. However, you can see from the number of votes this might not be ideal for quite some users including me. I also don’t use overlapping frames, but definitely run into this issue, since I don’t want to position related frames miles apart from each other. I think a good idea could be making constant frame title font sizes an option to turn off. 

Just to add to the above wish - if we could please just toggle the visible frame titles on and off that would be perfect!

I think a good idea could be making constant frame title font sizes an option to turn off. 

Both settings to turn the title scaling on/off and title visibility on/off would be perfect. Would also be great to be able to set the default behavior for those like us who prefer the title never to scale.

I was playing a bit with this and if I zoom out far enough, the frame title fades and eventually disappears now. I suppose I am rarely zoomed out all the way, so never noticed this before.  Still, I love the idea of toggling the titles on the frame itself (you can always view using the frame menu), or having frame titles act in the same way Grid titles do. Grid titles are relative to the grid, so don’t resize as you zoom.

This would really be a great improvement!

They work like artboards in sketch or adobe xd. as you zoom out, the title is still visible so you can find the right frame. Its a feature, not a bug. 

Unfortunately, it also means for closely aligned artboards the names get messy when zoomed out. They can solve this by either just hiding the names sooner or offering a setting to turn off names entirely. 

As a temporary workaround, you can give it a blank name and it will be hidden. (A blank space or just literally nothing.) Then you can put the name in the frame itself at the size you want and it will scale with everything and never overlap.

The downside of this is that every frame in the frames list just says “untitled”. I’d prefer to have a name but have it hidden. I’d also like to be able to turn off the dropshadow. (Sometimes the style of the rest of the board doesn't blend nicely with dropshadows on only a few shapes.) 

Alternatively, just make a white square (not a frame) and lock it. Use that as your frame. The downside here is that you need to unlock to resize, you can't see it in the list of frames, and it won’t export to PDF.

Alternatively, the ability to toggle frame titles like you can showing user cursors would be equally appreciated. 

Note: this may need to be its own feature request but seemed applicable to my use case here in decluttering the screen when zoomed out with multiple closely aligned frames.

I think a good idea could be making constant frame title font sizes an option to turn off. 

Both settings to turn the title scaling on/off and title visibility on/off would be perfect. Would also be great to be able to set the default behavior for those like us who prefer the title never to scale.

If set as a default behavior, users would probably not notice this feature at all and so wouldn´t test its possible usefullness for easy navigation. (Clear yes to the possibility to change the scaling at an easy and obvious place.)

Please please please either add ability to hide frame titles on the board, or to have the title text auto-scale - or ideally add both. When trying to have a clean and organized board, the large frame titles can get in the way.

I tend to not use Frames and favor “boxes” because of this. Looks messy when you want to show the full picture during workshops.

This frustrates me quite a bit, that UX hiccups is not the best of looks when you're conducting one-on-one strategy workshops.

My issue is also one of visual identity: having an uneditable frame style is just a no.
I understand size is scalable, but there's not even style, color or font family? 

How do we know if this feature is even on the roadmap or has been read by the Miro team? 

Yes please!! Frame names can be equal parts essential to have (for clarity and presentation panel navigation) and not essential to show (cognitive overload).

Hope this gets added to the release list sometime soon! 🤞🤞🤞

Oh my, I just found this after I wrote https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/presentation-mode-15735. Glad to see it’s getting some +1 love.