Lockable layers

I note that Miro does not support layers.

In most professional design/layout softwares, layers are not only used for visibility front/back relationships but locking and many other features that I won’t list here.

Yes, you can manually “lock” and “unlock” in Miro, but this is exceedingly cumbersome and annoying when you have lots of elements. If you don’t lock things, then you or others can easily drag them all over the place.

It would be highly beneficial to have layers that not only are used for visiblity but also for locking.

I added this, as a stop gap please upvote it if you like it: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/add-option-to-increase-unlock-timing-long-press-to-unlock-timing-short-term-solution-to-lock-issues-1680?postid=6713#post6713

Before each workshop I hold, I have a tedious task of making sure all objects that editing participants will be exposed to are locked. General rule is that any item that shouldn’t be moved/deleted will be moved/deleted if I don’t lock it. At least in bigger workshops (I run workshops with 50-100 people). A normal board for me contains a couple of thousand items.  

When I work in design programs such as Sketch I always have a layer list open, where I have ordered different items in layers, so some are on top of others and so on. I also use it to group and select larger selections of items. 

It would be great to have something like this in Miro, so I could just group all “foundation” in one group and lock it. Such a lock can’t be unlocked by other participants. 

The new “only I can unlock” solved a big part of the head ache - now I can confidentally lock larger groups without running the previous risk of some user unlocking and removing the whole thing as a group.

Good work Miro - but I still like to have an overview that a layer list could provide.

Locking for participants, but not for the board owner is the most crucial need of all feature requests in my opinion. I spend so much wasted time locking objects, I would say 20% of my preparation time for larger workshops is spent on pre cautioning this. Such a waste.

I would add a feature to the layer list - to be able to make the layers hidden for the users, but visible for the board owner. I often paste the next frame in, using a 2nd board as the “back end board” for my workshops. If I could just have everything in one board, but open up layers as I go to the participants, that would be swell. 

This request is similar to the one I made earlier: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/board-owner-layer-list-2082 - agree @Gavin ?

@Johan Yes, your request is more-or-less the same thing as what I’m suggesting!

I realize this thread hasn’t been commented in quite a while now. I just like to stress the usage that a functionality like (lockable) layers would really add value to Miro. 
The more we work with Miro, and the wider the “arena” is for the different contexts in which Miro plays an increasingly central part for us, the more the lack of a way to show different part of our boards (often containing piles of things more or less “on top of each other”) without showing just a clutter is hindering us.

We often (want to) use our boards for different purposes, i.e. to use the same board for one kind of discussion one day, and something completely different the next. Let’s say on day#1 we need to discuss business aspects visualized in a board. Doing that, we’d like to hide details in the board that are more or less irrelevant for those aspects. On day#2 we might talk about architecture, and therefore want to only show things relevant for that purpose - without having to create separate boards.

Layers would really help!