Lock colours on Mind Map branches

It would be great if you could set the colour for smaller branches of the mind map and not have them always change if you change the colour of the larger trunk.

Maybe this can be integrated with the lock function that currently exists - right now locking only prevents editing or moving the text at a node, but does not prevent smaller branches’ colours from being changed.

Sounds like a good solution to a real problem

I agree with this! Love Mind Map but I want to be able to easily customize the individual branches, not just randomize them. I want to be able to include borders around words like you can with text

Really seems like a bug fix - a mindmap that randomly changes colors / forces you to manually set color for each node is actively doing something almost no one would want.  

Agreed! This is a huge problem for me. I start nodes and color-code them according to some scheme, then I want to move a node and it’s children (a hierarchy which may be very deep with many different colors) to a different parent and suddenly all that color coding goes out the window! AARRGH!!!

It still randomizing the colors.  Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea???   And why is this still not fixed?   

Hi @Kiril 'Bear' Okun  and others,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about the Mind Map. We apologize if this has created any frustrations when working in Miro.

We will be sure to share this feedback with our team and update this thread if this feature becomes available.

In the meantime, for those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request.

Cheers.

@ElvaMiro I strongly agree with what others in the thread above have said. This is a badly needed feature. If you’re using the colors in the Mind Map to distinguish branches and are trying to tie them to a Legend for what each color means, it’s a huge problem that the colors cannot be locked in place, independent of how you move the branches. MindMap is such a great tool but this is an extremely frustrating blocker. Can Miro prioritize this as a fix?