Linux Desktop App

Is that on some short-mid term plan?

+1

Devops from 30+K company - it’s extremely easy to have app for Linux, Win and ever MacOS simultaneously or this is a sign.

Especially in IT companies Linux Desktop environments are quite common.

I have an educated guess that you already track what Operating System your customers are using.

Yet it’s weird to get a hint to install a App, but it’s not existing for Linux.

What about this one? 

I could think this is the unofficial for Linux, but it is like  a embedded web page.

https://snapcraft.io/miro

Linux app, native, would be very useful. The browser experience is always impaired, laggy, choppy. Not nice in short. A native application would benefit from everything that Linux gives. I don’t consider applications like Slack native, it is just a web browser forced to do what it is not intended to do and wrapped up with limiting technology (Electron). This is not the way native Miro should be done.

Yep. I agree on that. It is not the same user experience. You can easily notices a low performance when comparing with a native app (windows on in my case).

Many teams now are running on Linux. I really hope to have a native app.

I can only join this by saying a Linux app is not a luxury and looking forward to it’s release.

+1

I’m a bit surprised it doesn’t exist already

Wen Linux app?

I’d love download the desktop version for linux, but i can’t found. Someone knows where i can get it?

It would be great to see a miro app for linux. Appimage or Snap even. Our teams are linux based. 

waiting for the linux app ...

This is not just an “idea”, but a requirement. How hard can it be, if windows and Mac are also possible?

There is a snap app, but as Luis Baquero says, it seems to be just a wrapper, and I can’t get it to work in Ubuntu 22.04.

When linux app 😕

There is a snap app, but as Luis Baquero says, it seems to be just a wrapper, and I can’t get it to work in Ubuntu 22.04.

Neither do I.

I also want the desktop app, currently on Fedora 37. I am having performance issues with the chrome experience.

Same here, on linux, using computers too laggy on windows, testing Miro because the app I used before became too heavy and slow, I am surprised this is not available on Linux and would like a desktop version if it is faster than on chromium.

The performance is a critical part of if I would pay for it or not.

Hey, this post is 2 years old, and still there is no updates for Linux app. It would be great to see some progress on this dirrection.

I’d like to agree on this - a desktop app for Linux would be amazing.

+1 for native linux desktop app! Generally a big fan of Miro, but need a linux app for it to really work for my teams!

+1, Since all the other platforms are covered

+1 for native Linux app working on wayland.

+1 for Linux Desktop App!! 

+1 for native Linux App. As someone mentioned before, it’s not that complicated to have Mac, Windows and Linux native apps alltogether.

Hi, everyone!

Thank you for voicing your input on this! We're always working to make Miro the best it can be for users; while we currently do not have a version for Linux, our team does review these requests and each upvote helps us in that review process. So if you know others who would benefit from this feature, please feel free to share it with them so that they can add their upvote as well.

Thanks so much!