Linking Frames

Hi there!

I LOOOVE the recent improvements such as the Auto Layout and the Selection Filters. They were exactly what I’ve been wanting. Thank you guys! :)

There is ONE more feature that I was wondering about—is linking frames. Sometimes, I think it’s helpful to see how different worlds link to one another with the arrows (L shortcut). I know that we can create these groupings inside a frame but sometimes, to see how the ideas flow, I think it’s helpful to see how larger ideas/ecosystems are connected.

I imagine the analogy of galaxies with the universe. The universe being the board, the the galaxies being the frames. It’d be nice to be able to visually link the galaxies too. :)

I hope you guys will consider it!

@Edmund - 

Can you add some details as to exactly how this would work or look (e.g. a mockup)? What would be the use case or value proposition with this feature?

Kiron

Hi there Kiron!

I envision it to be something like the Connection Lines you guys already have in the app but instead, it can ALSO link Frames. I used the Connection Lines and snapped them to the Frames to give a visual example—1st image.

The only problem is that the Connection Lines only “snap” to the edge of the Frames but are not “plugged-into” the Frames—2nd image. When I move the Frames, the Connection Lines’ connection points do not move with it. Does this make sense?

Ran into this issue today; I am also interested in this feature.

@Edmund & @swmirodbx & @Kiron Bondale :

There is a workaround:

Create a shape around the area first you’ll like to frame and then create the frame. Set it into the back:

So you can link and arrow between each and every area of your screen you like.

Michael

I would like to have this issue resolved too.

Thanks

@mlanders I use this workaround too, works like a charm. 😊 It would indeed be nice to be able to connect frames the way @Edmund describes, but I can confirm that this is a perfectly feasible option. 👍