ipad: Improve “keep alive” for miro board when backgrounded

When I work with miro and other apps simultaneously, I wish that miro would stay alive longer, rather than it needs to “reconnect” or fully load the whole app content. 

This is different when using miro as a web app (saved miro board as a bookmark on home screen) or when using it in the miro native app from the app store. 

Scenario:

I create content on miro from ideas I read in another app like Safari, Books, Pages. I use either alt-tab on the Magic Keyboard or swipe gestures to foreground/background the miro app. I sometimes use it side-by-side, but some applications don’t allow side-by-side. 

When I come back to miro, more often than not, what happens depends on how I launched Miro:

• When I launched miro as a browser/web app the miro board needs to “reconnect” which takes a few seconds. This can be annoying when switching often between miro and another app, as I quickly want to paste/type content on my miro board. 
    The clear advantage here is that only board needs a reconnect, the whole content does not need to reload. 

• When I launched miro in the native app it is worse than above. The miro app was completely offloaded, it has to re-launch, it starts with the main menu and board selection feature first, I need to choose the desired board, and load the full board again. 

I know that miro dev are limited by memory constraints of the iPadOS and maybe iPadOS is kicking the app. But somehow working with other apps this seems to be different. I’d be grateful if you find ways to keep alive your app in the background longer so that flicking between another app to copy/find content and come back to miro would be smooth and quick. 

Thank you.

No replies yet...