Integrate with Poll Everywhere

I am hoping to use Miro for hybrid teaching (some students in person, some remote at the same time).  I don’t want to have to hop back and forth between too many apps so I can simplify things for myself and my students.  I often have to lecture a little on something, and I can easily integrate quizzes or polls using Poll Everywhere which integrates great with PowerPoint and Google Slides.  If I am going to be able to let go of using slides and just use Miro, I would need an easy way to activate Poll Everywhere polls/quizzes without having to leave Miro.

Hi

Thats a great qn.

I also want to run polls that up the game on Miro’s dot-voting abilities

Did you try an <iFrame>?

I did and it was not plain sailing - but im not fluent in PE.

1st hurdle was the PE login opened itself in a new window outside miro and I think it was opening the poll-editing path not result display - but maybe they are the same?

my PE ignorance 

Menti and slido are alternatives and for me swapping tools wouldn’t be much of an issue

another potential issue is the iframe needs to be triggered by every board user seperately it doesn’t show (or trigger) when using follw-me :(

I’ll try again later - If I get anywhere i’ll share - Best regards

Hi @Simon.Harris and @Marney Pratt, what kind of questions are you polling your audience for? 

Would be helpful if you can give an example with the intended outcome you are looking for with poll.

Thanks, 
David

@David Grabner 

I use PollEverywhere a lot in my teaching… everything from anonymous how are you feeling today (they click on varying faces from sad to happy), multiple choice questions, word clouds, short answers where they can up-vote others answers so the most voted move to the top, and lots of others.  What is nice about having it integrated with PowerPoint it that as a move to a PollEverywhere question slide it activates the poll in PollEverywhere and students can answer using their phone, tablet, or any web enabled device through a browser.  My college supports PollEverywhere, so it is the most used tool across campus and I would like to stick with that as a “clicker question” kind of tool rather than making my students learn too many other tools.  However, if there was something within Miro so they don’t have to learn another tool or go to another platform that would be great.