Inheritance of locked components in Templates

I have created Miro boards that I expect to use in a number of events and so I export the board as a template so I can source it to instantiate my board for other events.

The problem is that all the locked attributes for components in the original source are not preserved in the Template and its tedious to have to reassert the locks every time.

I was expecting export as template will preserve all attributes in the template, this includes lock attribute. Why isn’t this the case?

A simple way to make this behavior available while retaining the flexibility of templates is that when exporting a template as private then it should retain all the attributes, including locked components. When exporting a board to a template for wider use then just retain the current behavior, which is of removing locked attributes.

When one is creating workshops with reuse of a board in mind then one way is to instantiate the new board using templates of the workshop, and i would like to not waste time is having to reassert lock on components each time.

Peripherally related is that Ctrl-A only selects unlocked elements so Ctrl-A-C-V  doesn’t replicate everything - But now there is a philosophy question of what does ‘eveything’  include

So building replicated areas need to work unlocked then lock everything at the end

Given there is a specific Ctrl-D its behaviour could be defined as truly duplicate

For example if its operation was <Ctrl-D - Click drag - Release> such that the button-up event replicated everything inside the drag-area including attributes such as locked

The locked elements are actually included in the preview image of the template, but do not appear once you have applied it. With luck, there is an easy solution to this.

I just realized that you could go back and create the lock by editing the template. You still have to save it unlocked, but going back once to lock it beats to do that every time you use the template.