Indicate action to be performed by cursor

Right now I find Miro hard to use as the action that will be performed on the board is not indicated beforehand.

A number of examples:

(a)

In a board with a single box Miro will move the box or the diagram depending if I click inside or outside of the box. It does not indicate the “to-be-performed” action by the cursor beforehand (which is an industry best practice I believe).

This is bad as my view may not show this outside box and the action I perform may not be the one I intend to perform. Since I don’t exactly know what is going to happen I operate the tool a bit in a blind mode.

(b)

Miro has a “hand tool” to move the board and a “pointer tool”. Both tools are mixed in operation. When I use the pointer tool I expect it to mark multiple elements (as other tools do). It does not do that but acts as “hand tool” which was (again) not indicated by the curser icon beforehand.

The “hand tool” is further not obviously available in the tool menu on the left. There is only an un-intuitive method to toggle between both tools.

Overall this is pretty basic stuff I like to see improved.

No replies yet...