Increase row limit for grids

Related products: Navigation

Similar to this other issue with column limits (https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/increase-column-limit-for-grids-2373), we could use more rows in our grids.

Yes please, just hit this problem now when trying to represent data grids, and it’s very frustrating. 

Now I need to try and think of how to represent the data with multiple grids, which is going to make it a lot more complicated. 

From a design point of view, having this arbitrary limit makes no sense to me.

Just hit this issue - really frustrating. 

But Miro’s unlimited in so many ways… why this way? :thinking:

Anyway, just hit it myself for the details of a dataflow diagram I’m making. Please improve? 

Hi, David from Miro here. 

As we are diving into this topic I wanted to learn from you all.

What are common table sizes beyond the current limit you are looking for? And what is the purpose of these tables?

Thanks 

Hi @David Grabner, a couple examples:

1. Mapping data flows between backend DB systems, or software components (UML). It’s handy to have a table of all fields, their data types, validation rules, description, perhaps a sample of the data, etc. next to each data source/entity in the diagram. This quickly gets into 100-1000 rows in the table. This data usually exists in a formatted table elsewhere for copy-pasting, eg. from Confluence, spreadsheets, or as a SQL query result. Miro can be used to bring all that together for design, analysis, group work or training. I imagine being able to shrink the size of the table right down so at normal zoom we see the big conceptual map and then zoom right in on the table to see all the details while maintaining visual context. Converting this sort of data to plaintext rows makes it unreadable; as sticky notes the fields become unstructured.

2. Bringing in lists of open tickets, roadmap items, etc. from multiple teams/departments for group planning, eg. from spreadsheets, Jira, Zendesk or Salesforce. These sorts of items might reach 50-500 rows per department. Again, zooming in and out allows to have multiple “resolutions” of this information on one diagram which can make for an easy flow in a strategy day, planning workshop, or crisis meeting. We wouldn’t necessarily make Miro the source of truth for this kind of ticket/prioritisation tables… but then again if the Miro tables are flexible enough why not, for a small team/org?

I just run into this issue - very frustrating!

Great example of use case from @Jordan Hume mentioned in his post.

In my case we are creating business process matrixes for service design blueprints (government services) and mapping the user experience to the business process. Doing this could easily run into 1000s of rows. 

Just came across this issue! Suuuper frustrating 

I’m using tables to workshop an ongoing schedule. Need rows to represent days/weeks/months and topics.

Hi @adamdunford@Craig Gordon , @Rob Sleath , @Jordan Hume, @Leo Wilches and @ML00

We’ve been working to make table limits a lot more flexible and now the maximum cell limits for tables has changed from 50x50 (rows and columns) to a total of 2500 cells. Please try out the new limits and let me know how it works for you.

Updated idea statusIdeaDelivered

So happy to announce that this feature has been delivered! Go team, go community!🎉

Hi David,

50x50 rows and columns equals 2500 cells….so actually situation has not improved at all 😞