Increase character limit for text boxes

I use the text boxes to create outlines of design wireframes for developer reference.
In these situations, it is incredibly common that I run into the character limit for the text boxes and have to break my outline into multiple boxes. The whole process becomes much more frustrating and cumbersome from then on out.

The imposed character limit seems incredibly arbitrary, pointless, and some of the formatting of outlines seems to eat away at the count even quicker.

At the end of the day, when I can easily paste giant image files that will certainly chew up my RAM, why is there such a miniscule text limit? surely it’s not a technical limitation.
At least allow for a “long text” box or something that supports big blocks of text. It is necessary for me to use your software effectively, whether your product team believes that method or not you shouldn’t actively prevent me from doing it.

Please fix this! 😢

Please fix this, it is essential!
I get it that Miro is not meant to be a text editor, but it’s certainly meant for managing ideas and concepts, ideally based on data. Raw data is, well, raw and verbose. Meaning that if we can have lots of text on the board it would be much easier to move from data to concepts, then to insights!

+1

It would be a great enhancement.

I would like this to have it in setting, to set the Text limits for each board :)

Regards

Aman

+1 

I agree with all of the above. This is very limiting to a number of workflows that force me out of Miro and make it impossible to recomend to others at work.

It would be really helpful to even just have a modest increase in max characters, though as large as reasonably possible within whatever backend constraints you are operating under would appreciated and immidiatly used :)

Can’t believe this is a thing….

The fact that this issue still has not been fixed 🙄

I have a text box that has 2266 characters (with spaces) and I’m facing this problem. I have edited the text by high lighting things with colour and I assume that’s why I have reached the 6000 limit. This is really frustrating feature and makes Miro seem like unproffessional tool. 

це реально піздець - вирішуйте це питання! 

We use Miro to collaborate on software development process. It’s not uncommon to want to embed 300-400 lines of code for collaborative analysis/annotation purposes. Please consider lifting the text limit for both text and code blocks.

This is really annoying it completely messes up my flow of work and creation. i can’t even change the colour of the text once it reaches text limit ??? crazy annoying.

My current theory is that the only reason this isn’t implemented in to encourage people to make an account here to tell you to increase text limits.

It worked. Please increase text limits. Or remove text limits entirely? I promise not to copy and paste a book in there ok?

It will be good if the miro team can identify the key reasons behind the restricition and brainstorm some possible solutions that allows users to go beyond 6000 characters - question the reasons, shift the limitations around.

For my workflow, I frequently encounter this 6000 characters issue, and the work around for me is to copy and paste the text, delete sections from each part, so as to break my text into 2 text boxes without lossing some of the formatting. This is quite a painful process considering the freuqency of encounterment. In long term, it creates an anxiety of “6000 characters” when typing long text.

I sincerely hope this limitation can be lifted or shifted to some other places where it’s less frequently encountered.

This seems like an awfully daft restriction. I’m sure there is some reason but it can’t be that hard to fix. Understanding what this limitation is due to would be extremely helpful.

For now, I simply get round it by stacking multiple text boxes ontop of one another. It’s visually identical to one big text box, but can make editing the text frustrating. But the fact is, if I can do this, why can’t this be solved in a similar way?

In Notion, when you hit enter, you create a new text box. Each Paragraph of text creates its own container. This seems like an easy fix in Miro (unless people are posting text blocks of over 6000 unbroken characters, although even then, you could simply have this sorted within an ordered linked list to ensure one 6000 character text block follows another).

Please please please remove this silly limitation or at least add a text box object specifically designed to hold lots of text

Hi Miro Team. Merry XMAS.

Thank you all for the beautiful product. We all love it as you can see from the above comments.

Can you please let us know how many vote counts do you need to make this feature available?

Talk to you soon

Mukesh

Please remove the character limit in text boxes Miro! It makes IA work nearly impossible. Really frustrating and creates so much extra manual effort. 

I love Miro, but this should be top priority over the random AI stuff they’re cramming in

This is ridiculous. I would like to have my notes on the board where everybody in the team can see them rather than putting them on some other tool. If the idea is to try to force people to use Miro in a certain way, 6K limit is not going to change it to either direction. Please remove the limit - it doesn’t serve any purpose.