Improved Text Functionality

Related products: Fonts & Text editing

Miro is always making small improvements, and I’ve enjoyed the new highlight feature added recently. But I think there’s a long way to go, in order to get text boxes and text in shapes to a better functionality. 

This is really one big wish list item, with a lot of component parts:

1. Ability to load custom fonts, or at least an expanded set of built-in fonts
  2. Ability to make some text in a text box/shape different fonts and sizes, instead of having to do a global edit
  3. Bullet points and numbering available in shapes and stickies 
  4. Columns of text in text boxes and shapes
  5. Improved and editable padding in text boxes and shapes

This may be a bit late of a reply, but I totally agree to your ideas! Especially being able to make bullet points in shapes would be amazing and would strongly increase the level of creativity possible. Hope the developers see this.

It’s ridiculous that I can’t change the text to a different font in the same pargraph of surrounding text. Currently if I want to change a specific word of text to a different font, everything in the text box changes font as well. It’s 2021, is this really happening? Super frustrating and limiting. This app has a long way to go.

#3 (Bullet points within Stickies and Shapes) is pretty critical for us from an ideation perspective.

I get that the point of Stickies is to keep it simple and short but as conversations evolve and additional details/Acceptance Criteria is added it would be great to be able to easily and efficiently capture them in bullet form.

I am really annoyed by the fact that you can’t do what you are recommending in 2.
Varying text sizes on stickies is great for brain storming, but once I try to create an overview I like to pick the font size myself, including a headline with a different style.
Miro here just looks super messy in comparison to Figjam as an example.

It is such a pity that there is no option to adjust the line spacing for lists or texts in general….😫

I agree with all the above.

Here’s my suggestion. Anywhere text is allowed (sticky notes, cards, etc.) make text formatting fully featured to work like Microsoft Word. For those who want to restrict the amount of text on a sticky note, for example, leave the text input as is. For those of us who want comprehensive text formatting give us a setting option or to make it the default or improve the text tool to feature comprehensive text formatting. 

While you’re at it, make text entered with the text tool stick to the sticky note. The only way I know to do this now is to group text onto the sticky note.

Updated idea statusIdeaDuplicate Idea (closed)
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.