Improve object transform options

Haha. D’oh! Update: If you Shift + drag a shape, the current aspect ratio is maintained as you make it smaller/larger, so… this idea is not required.

Furthermore, looking at the Shapes help article, I read:

Styling a shape

You can select several shapes at once and style them all.

To create an even shape without changing its ratio, hold down Shift just like you would in any other graphics software.

If “style” is the correct term for “resize”, then I prefer “resize”.

In line with my idea of Force shapes to be symmetrical, I would like to see more transform options for objects in Miro - implemented for shapes first, with images being next.

At the time of this post, when a shape is dragged by the corner, the object can be resized along two axes, but does not lock the original aspect ratio.

I would like to see the following:

• Drag the corner of a shape/image to change the scale (make bigger/smaller) along two axes, while locking the original aspect ratio.
  • Drag the side of an object to change scale along one axis only (to change the width or height independently).
    **the rest are nice-to-haves**
  • Flip
  • Mirror
  • Rotate
  • Shear
  • Perspective

Credit goes to this article for helping me better articulate my asks.

Basically the user community expects the same functions as ‘normal’ drawing apps like adobe/ powerpoint etc provide

anything less is ‘a limitation’ not an enabler

If visual artefacts such as un aligned, out of scale are present then semantic value is hugely reduced for many people. 

Same goes for seppling terrors - boards HAVE to be (easily capable of creation that is) distraction free. NOTHING worse than a customer, student or exec decision maker interrupting flow by saying “isn’t that red shape’s caption supposed to be “i before e”? or “is that bigger gap indicating something?”

Slight second thoughts @Rob Johnson 

in that the article on adobe is for a very sophisticated drawing tool - its not realistic IMHO to expect miro to be all the facilities of adobe illustrator

If you want full drawing like bird-wings with perspective then dont use miro!  - A collapsible Mind-Map yes, any size boxes and fonts and colours/ borders/ text etc - yes and Miro SHOULD provide resize, flip and rotate without the silliness like some shape only scale but skew & shear is imho past reasonable.

Past reasonable because when we turn to zoom overlap or kanban/ trello should miro equal the facilities of the most sophisticated here too? in which case how is the performance hit factored in - you want it to be as fast as the fastest as well as more featured than every other niche it overlaps!?

Thats not realistic so now in what ways are non-func attributes figured? - number of users, speed of response beat sheer in my hierarchy

@Simon.Harris Yes, I’ll admit that I got a little carried away when I was reading that Adobe article (‘give someone an inch and they'll take a mile’, right?) :wink:

But I still want the ability to:

1. Drag the corner of a shape/image to change the scale (make bigger/smaller) along two axes/keeping the original aspect ratio.
  2. Drag the side of an object to change scale along one axis only (to change the width or height independently) - and for them to snap to symmetry.

NOTE: I have updated my original description.

Haha. D’oh! Update: If you Shift + drag a shape, the current aspect ratio is maintained as you make it smaller/larger, so… this idea is not required.

I’d definitely want the ability to rotate shapes / objects.

@Shivanshu Singh - You can already rotate most objects, just not sticky notes.