Hierarchy of frames (simpler than frames I guess)

Hi there! I use many frames during a training and it’d be easier to find them while moving around if I could be able to divide frames into “groups” or “folders”, than I could show and hide while navigating the frames sidebar.

Thanks!

Alan

Hello Alan!

There is another thread in the Ideas forum about Layers, and I think that’s probably the metaphor that’s closest to solving your request. Layers with grouping.

Hi there,

@Peter Green, do you mean this idea?

@acyment, please let us know if this is what you are after, and I will just merge the two topics :wink:

Hi!

Tks for the pointer, Peter. I’d say this proposal is a subset of the layers feature you are proposing. All I need is to have a hierarchy in the sidebar, no change of functionality canvas-wise. If the team can tackle both features at the same time, then by all means merge the items!

Cheers,

Alan

I agree with the request and want it mainly for the frames list, not necessarily the canvas. We have a Miro board for all our team brainstorms, and we now have 60+ frames (and counting). I would be really nice to be able to organize the frames in the list to have folders or ability indent/nest some frames under vs. over other frames. 

I agree! We have a three-day workshop facilitate in Miro with 53 frames. It would be great to be able to group each day’s frames in a folder in the sidebar so that you could collapse frames from Days 1 and 2 easily in the sidebar.  

Interesting idea! Would you expect these groups to be reflected in the canvas too, or only in the sidebar?

I, personally, would only expect these groups to be reflected in the sidebar.

This feels like the same idea as https://community.miro.com/ideas/hierarchy-of-frames-simpler-than-frames-i-guess-416 - maybe the ideas should be merged to increase the upvotes

Sorry got my URL’s mixed up - This feels like the same idea as https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/collapsable-frames-2708 - maybe the ideas should be merged to increase the upvotes

@Nathan Price I think they do sound the same. If someone can merge them, that would be great.

I still am ardently interested in getting this new capability.