Hide Pictures or PDF in Elements

When I place an element on the Canvas, for example a rectangle, an I want to add a a picture or a PDF to this rectangle as an example or a further reference then I only have the option to put the picture right on the canvas (next to the rectangle). But I would like to have the picture in the rectangle like in a folder or sth like that. An alternative would be that I could add a Picture or PDF in to a comment. Then I could add that comment to the rectangle and add the picture or PDF to that comment.

@Frank H -

One way to achieve a similar outcome would be to use the linking capability. Have a separate reference board with all the reference materials you wish to link to, and then from your main board link to those objects in the reference board. You can then have links in those objects on the reference board back to the originating elements in the main board.

Would that work?

Kiron

Hey, Kiron,

thanks for the quick response. The solution you propose is at least a start! :blush: Unfortunately you can only link one file. I work a lot with Mindmanager and there i can make an note to everey element of the map that I can see on the right side of the screen. On the one Hand I can add pictures and all kinds of other items in this note or I can add items to an Element as attachements. I could send you a sample file (HTML5) so you can see what I mean.

Best regards

Frank

Hi @Frank H 

I’m confused :-)  - actually thats normal!

Why do you want a rectangle? - what is it doing for you?

I can put a jpg ‘in’ a rectangle, rectangle around a pdf - they are just coincident in space but can be grouped - i can get a link to the items or the group

You can use a frame You can put as many pdf etc on a frame as you like 

What did you mean “you can only link one file”? every item on a board (i think - but definitely most) has a link you can target and anything with text hold a link to mostly anywhere else on the internet - if a ‘ordinary link’ isn’t good enough yo can use an iframe 

Maybe something you need i’m not understanding